LSAC issue

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
daburrel

LSAC issue

Postby daburrel » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:40 am

I know it's being talked about that LSAC is closed (via LSAC Site too) but I have had 2 transcripts processed (yesterday and today) and also a evaluation. I am wondering though, now that my transcripts are processed when can I see my LSAC GPA? Where is it posted?

sarahh

Re: LSAC issue

Postby sarahh » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:21 pm

It is posted in your academic summary report.

glitched

Postby glitched » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:27 pm

If all your transcripts aren't in yet, then you can't really see the detailed report. But if they are, it is on the right side of transcripts page labeled academic summary report.

daburrel

Postby daburrel » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm

I have all my transcripts in now. The academic summary report is saying "Transcript analysis data not on file" so does the report not show until CAS is purchased?
Last edited by daburrel on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:03 pm

wait, you had your transcripts processed within the past few days?

glitched

Postby glitched » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Yup. They won't do anything for you really until you buy it.

Edit: this was a response to the earlier post by OP

daburrel

Postby daburrel » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:06 pm

Yes, I have had a Letter of Recommendation received
leeronalda wrote:Yup. They won't do anything for you really until you buy it.

Edit: this was a response to the earlier post by OP
as well as two Transcripts processed since Monday (of this week).

that explains everything lol. I was just waiting for my December LSAT score (to decide if I will apply this cycle) before purchasing, is that a bad idea?

glitched

Postby glitched » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:18 pm

Well isn't the score coming out in a few days? I mean.... there is just so much more to prepare... like your ps and your resume and optionals that you probably have time enough to postpone buying until your score comes out. Unless all of that is done and polished. But even then id say wait anyway considering most offices are closed until after the holidays

daburrel

Postby daburrel » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Yeah, I am in the 4th draft of my PS now, my resume is complete and I was debating on doing DS (I am URM) but decided not to since my PS does it for me. As for as optionals, I will be doing a LSAT Addendum (hopefully) but that's not much work so that's why I figured I would just wait until my score come out. Any idea how long it would take for Summary to appear after I pay considering my Transcripts have already been processed?

glitched

Postby glitched » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:29 pm

For me personally lsac was very fast and efficient. I literally didn't wait longer than a week after all my requests and I live in and went to undergrad in California. So considering shipping time, they processed me in days. But I have read some pretty terrible lsac stories on this forum.

daburrel

Postby daburrel » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:35 pm

leeronalda wrote:For me personally lsac was very fast and efficient. I literally didn't wait longer than a week after all my requests and I live in and went to undergrad in California. So considering shipping time, they processed me in days. But I have read some pretty terrible lsac stories on this forum.

confused? I no longer have anything to send to LSAC so what did you mean by processing time? My transcripts were processed this week. All I would have to do is Pay for CAS, do I have to ship anything for that also?

glitched

Postby glitched » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Well the thing is... I don't know exactly what they do with the transcripts but to my understanding they have a paper transcript and then transcribe that into a digital format to make your report. So processed could mean anywhere from receipt of transcript to it being entered into the system.

But maybe schools send an electronic copy to lsac too to make it more automated? Haha I'm speculating literally everything here.

daburrel

Postby daburrel » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:01 pm

oh ok. Well it has two things "Received" and "Processed" so I am guessing since mine was processed that it was done with all things needed but I couldn't see LSAC GPA, must just be me not paying for CSA yet though

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”