GULC ED- Can I transfer to RD?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
banana613

GULC ED- Can I transfer to RD?

Postby banana613 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Can you switch from ED to RD after you submit your application? I'm applying without an LSAT score and wondering if I can switch from ED to RD if my score turns out higher than I'm estimating... Thoughts?

tourdeforcex

Re: GULC ED- Can I transfer to RD?

Postby tourdeforcex » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:16 pm

i'm pretty sure you can't apply ED w/o a LSAT score... maybe you can double check that?

i might be wrong for this case w/ GULC, but some other schools, i've seen you just can't apply w/o an LSAT score.

and from what i know an ED contract is an ED contract, and you can't change after submitting... it really only makes a difference if you've been accepted, in that case, you are obligated to attend.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:17 am

Yes, some schools will allow you to do so. You will have to call or email the admissions office and request that your application be switched to RD. However, they are under no obligation to do so, and they might say no.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:21 am

Most schools should only you to do so as long as its before they've come to a decision. Keep in mind though that doing so will probably hurt your chances of being accepted as RD.

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:25 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:Most schools should only you to do so as long as its before they've come to a decision. Keep in mind though that doing so will probably hurt your chances of being accepted as RD.

Not just probably, you will get dinged if you switch ED to RD. Thats like saying "you were my number 1 choice, but now I might rather go somewhere else." Don't do it if you might actually want to go to the school you ED'ed to.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:30 am

SupraVln180 wrote:
Richie Tenenbaum wrote:Most schools should only you to do so as long as its before they've come to a decision. Keep in mind though that doing so will probably hurt your chances of being accepted as RD.

Not just probably, you will get dinged if you switch ED to RD. Thats like saying "you were my number 1 choice, but now I might rather go somewhere else." Don't do it if you might actually want to go to the school you ED'ed to.

Please do not post blatantly false information like this. I haven't followed ED applications at all, and even I know of an applicant who applied ED to Penn, switched to RD, and was admitted. That's only one example, but it's enough to discredit your blanket assumption.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”