Admissions info

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
educatedguest
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:35 pm

Admissions info

Postby educatedguest » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Instead of posting a million questions on the forum, I am looking for sort of a one stop shop for admissions info. Is there a book or website that anyone has found to be really useful (aside from the obvious TLS that is)?

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Admissions info

Postby ahduth » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:05 pm

top-law-schools.com, but be forewarned that it's largely trafficked by pompous douchebags.

Other than that, when in doubt, call the admissions offices - they're very helpful and nice.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Admissions info

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:06 pm

educatedguest wrote:Instead of posting a million questions on the forum, I am looking for sort of a one stop shop for admissions info. Is there a book or website that anyone has found to be really useful (aside from the obvious TLS that is)?


viewtopic.php?f=2&t=131727

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Admissions info

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm

http://www.amazon.com/How-Get-Into-Top- ... 735204292/

Have this book, love it. Quotes a lot of admissions officers from most of the top schools. Still like to read it even as I compare admission offers.
Last edited by r6_philly on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Admissions info

Postby Pleasye » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm

If you don't want to post a million different questions then you can use the search function. It'll be highly appreciated by those of us who frequent the forums because most of your questions have for SURE been answered before.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Admissions info

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:09 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:If you don't want to post a million different questions then you can use the search function. It'll be highly appreciated by those of us who frequent the forums because most of your questions have for SURE been answered before.


While your point is valid, haven't learned to just skip certain posts after 3000 posts? :)

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Admissions info

Postby Pleasye » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:If you don't want to post a million different questions then you can use the search function. It'll be highly appreciated by those of us who frequent the forums because most of your questions have for SURE been answered before.


While your point is valid, haven't learned to just skip certain posts after 3000 posts? :)

Ah, I didn't even realize I hit 3000 :(. I skip them but it's still annoying to see them over and over and over when I am trying to be helpful.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Admissions info

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:13 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:If you don't want to post a million different questions then you can use the search function. It'll be highly appreciated by those of us who frequent the forums because most of your questions have for SURE been answered before.


While your point is valid, haven't learned to just skip certain posts after 3000 posts? :)

Ah, I didn't even realize I hit 3000 :(. I skip them but it's still annoying to see them over and over and over when I am trying to be helpful.


I have this many posts and I don't go into the social forums :shock: it's ok, not everyone is research based, and I don't expect them to be. I help when I feel like it.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Admissions info

Postby Pleasye » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:23 pm

r6_philly wrote:I have this many posts and I don't go into the social forums :shock: it's ok, not everyone is research based, and I don't expect them to be. I help when I feel like it.

Agreed, sometimes it's just difficult not to be like "I'VE ANSWERED THIS 10 TIMES IN THE LAST 2 HOURS USE SEARCH".




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], hwwong, LewD33, r2d2111 and 1 guest