School keeps e-mailing me. I am ethnic?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LS0l

School keeps e-mailing me. I am ethnic?

Postby LS0l » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:37 pm

I hate to start a thread on this but I am a bit confused.

I am an ethnic minority but no an AA/NA/or Latino. On my CRS I put down my ethnicity and write a DS on my experiences. There is a school that has sent me close to 7-8 e-mails trying to get me to apply. The school is quite good and I would really not mind going there in the slightest. Do these e-mails mean that they might give me a bit of a boost? The school is a small private school in the South (W&L) and from what I can tell they are in need of diversity.

T6Hopeful

Re: School keeps e-mailing me. I am ethnic?

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:40 pm

LS0l wrote:I hate to start a thread on this but I am a bit confused.

I am an ethnic minority but no an AA/NA/or Latino. On my CRS I put down my ethnicity and write a DS on my experiences. There is a school that has sent me close to 7-8 e-mails trying to get me to apply. The school is quite good and I would really not mind going there in the slightest. Do these e-mails mean that they might give me a bit of a boost? The school is a small private school in the South (W&L) and from what I can tell they are in need of diversity.

Getting those emails does not by any means give you a "boost," although if you wouldn't mind going there in the slightest, why not apply anyway? They send those emails to many people, and the multiple emails are just persistence, not interest. Good luck though if you decide to apply!

LS0l

Postby LS0l » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:42 pm

I applied as it is high on my list. It is the only school minus FL Coastal and a few others that e-mails me consistently.

T6Hopeful wrote:

Getting those emails does not by any means give you a "boost," although if you wouldn't mind going there in the slightest, why not apply anyway? They send those emails to many people, and the multiple emails are just persistence, not interest. Good luck though if you decide to apply!

2011L1

Postby 2011L1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:44 pm

LS0l wrote:I applied as it is high on my list. It is the only school minus FL Coastal and a few others that e-mails me consistently.

T6Hopeful wrote:

I'm AA and get emails all day boo hoo pity me lol. 1st one I get from HYS I'm out!

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:45 pm

Well good luck nonetheless. Just being honest, though, I've found that CRS emails generally don't mean too much (which is neither positive nor negative for your application).

LS0l wrote:I applied as it is high on my list. It is the only school minus FL Coastal and a few others that e-mails me consistently.

T6Hopeful wrote:

OGR3

Postby OGR3 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:48 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:Well good luck nonetheless. Just being honest, though, I've found that CRS emails generally don't mean too much (which is neither positive nor negative for your application).

T6Hopeful wrote:

But according to the emails I received from GWU (via CRS) I was a great candidate for their Presidential Merit Scholarship program!

I had no idea that a sub-3.0 + 167 was good for a full scholarship at a T-20.

LS0l

Postby LS0l » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:48 pm

I appreciate the responses.

I am trying to get any boost that I can get. When I sent in my app I did check "self selected URM." I assume that options was for people like me who are no AA/NA/or Latino?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Try not to get too excited. Schools email me freaking constantly (and I'm pasty-white). Some are good schools right in my target range, some are reaches, and some are frankly insulting.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”