Turnaround time for LSAC processing - can I make it? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cherrypops

New

Turnaround time for LSAC processing - can I make it?

Post by cherrypops » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi everyone, Happy Holidays (even if you're still working on your PS like me). I've been a lurker on TLS for quite a while but posting for the first time... I'm sad to admit but I'm pretty behind in the application process for the Fall 2011 cycle, and just wanted to ask what the timing is for LSAC to process LORs and whether I can realistically expect meet the Feb 1 deadline for some of my apps.

Current LOR status is: one is in the works, expecting to be sent to LSAC within the next two weeks. The second one I just requested (I know, whatever you guys have to say on this one I'm sure I deserve it; I definitely dragged my feet trying to think of a professor that would remember me after 3 years), and this is where my main concern is. I read that it can take LSAC up to two weeks to process materials received (transcripts, LORs, etc). Does this mean that for my Feb 1 apps, I'll need to get my second recommendation in to LSAC (received) by ~1/15 at the latest? Also, will I have crossed the finish line if LSAC has everything on file as of Feb 1, or is there additional lag time I need to consider for LSAC to send out reports to schools?

Thanks in advance for any info/advice. I know I'm cutting it really close; just wanted to make sure I'm planning out what little time I have left with the correct expectations, and giving my poor professor as much time as I realistically can.

-J

ach24

Bronze

Re: Turnaround time for LSAC processing - can I make it?

Post by ach24 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:57 pm

Last edited by ach24 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

cherrypops

New

Re: Turnaround time for LSAC processing - can I make it?

Post by cherrypops » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks so much. So if LSAC has the faxed copy processed by the application deadline, the hardcopy that's in transit won't hold up the rest of the application, is that correct? Also, just wanted to confirm that LSAC just needs to have all the application materials by the deadline, as opposed to the schools having to have received the LSAC report in order for the application to be officially "received".

Thanks again!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”