Waiting on letters of rec

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
greg737

Waiting on letters of rec

Postby greg737 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:27 am

So my applications are totally complete, outside of waiting on one of two of my letters of recs. I don't know if it is allowed to submit applications and then add that final letter once it comes in; or if you have to wait until both have been sent to LSAC.

There are also some schools that require none; do they allow you to add letters once you receive them? If that is the case, then there is definitely no reason not to submit those apps now right?

I realize this may be on an individual school basis, but LSAC is out for the holidays until Jan. 3 and I figured it would be easier to get a general answer here if possible than asking schools individually.

Thanks.

joebloe

Re: Waiting on letters of rec

Postby joebloe » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:25 am

I asked a pretty similar question before. The idea is, if you assign enough letters to an app to meet the reqs you can submit. If the number of those assigned letters that have been received is greater than the number required to complete the app, the app will be submitted and probably not held by the institution.

In other words, if you hit submit now, the school might not see the pending LoR.

greg737

Re: Waiting on letters of rec

Postby greg737 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:32 am

Thanks for those tips. I guess it's going to be a waiting game til I get that last letter! Thanks for the response.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”