University of Texas (Should I Still Apply)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
justadude55

University of Texas (Should I Still Apply)

Postby justadude55 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Bypassed them cause thought I'd get a waiver based off of being over the 75th LSAT and slightly below the GPA median but didn't.

Is it still worth it to apply? Would I have any shot at $ being this late? (PM for #'s).

I'm waiting on a bunch of schools, and have gotten into some safeties but at this point the 2 major aspects of my cycle have been:

Held for further review at UPENN (more materials requested for decision)
Full scholarship to IU: Bloomington (not sold on the midwest but will live there possibly for the free tuition to a school that should get me a decent job somewhere.)

Career goals: As much $$$$ as possible, and to be able to fight for my sisters.

MoS

Re: University of Texas (Should I Still Apply)

Postby MoS » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:49 pm

If you are really concerned you should apply everywhere between Indiana to UPENN. But yes I think you could get some money at Texas, Notre Dame might be a good place too look too. If money is too tight to apply to all those school http://www.hourumd.com/ isn't bad at predicting scholarship offers. I used to to decide where to apply last year and got scholarships everywhere I thought I would based off the predictor.

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:01 am

MoS wrote:If you are really concerned you should apply everywhere between Indiana to UPENN. But yes I think you could get some money at Texas, Notre Dame might be a good place too look too. If money is too tight to apply to all those school http://www.hourumd.com/ isn't bad at predicting scholarship offers. I used to to decide where to apply last year and got scholarships everywhere I thought I would based off the predictor.

thank you for posting that. i appreciate it very much, but i don't think there is any way this think is very accurate. the sample pool is just way too small, and all over the place. i'm not getting a scholarship to stanford, and getting rejected from hawaii.

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:01 am

sorry my q is: do i lose a lot by applying now that i would not have lost had i applied in november?

2Serious4Numbers

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:05 am

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Ok, corny line of the night but it just fit too perfectly

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:06 am

lol i know but would i have been significantly better off applying in november?

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:18 am

It's not too late at all (but yes, you would be at an advantage if you had applied in november, but not a huge one). Check LSN/hourumd to see when scholarship offers when given out, but from my experience UT still had some money available when admitted students day happened (they matched an offer from UVA had made to me).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”