What's the updating transcript process? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
PrayingforHYS

Bronze

What's the updating transcript process?

Post by PrayingforHYS » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:29 pm

As far as I can tell from the search function on here, once your fall grades come in, you need your school to send an authorized update to LSAC, and then LSAC automatically sends an update to all the schools to which you applied? I'm not quite sure how that works.

My registrar's office is closed until ... who knows when, but I'm either "under review" or "complete" at all my schools, so does it make more sense to send them an e-mail with an update to my transcript? Will they just take my word for it, or will this cause them to delay the process even further?

It's not just my fall grades that I wanted to notify the adcomms about -- there was an extra tidbit that they might find useful, but it's non-essential.

I'm just wondering what the best course of action would be. Thanks for the help.

gdane

Diamond

Re: What's the updating transcript process?

Post by gdane » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Unless these grades caused your GPA to skyrocket, dont bother.

Schools will often ask you to send in your final transcript after they've accepted you. Just wait until then.

You go to your registrar, hand them the LSAC form with "updated transcipt" checked and they do the rest. LSAC gets the new one and all the schools are notified.

Good luck!

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:18 am

I had a really. Really. REALLY raw semester. Do I absolutely HAVE to update?

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:33 am

lisjjen wrote:I had a really. Really. REALLY raw semester. Do I absolutely HAVE to update?
Unless these grades caused your GPA to skyrocket, dont bother.

Schools will often ask you to send in your final transcript after they've accepted you. Just wait until then
This is even more true unless the school specifically asks for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”