Do I have to send EVERY transcript?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
postn0bills

Do I have to send EVERY transcript?

Postby postn0bills » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi everyone --
I'd really appreciate a response to this question. I sent LSAC my undergraduate transcript recently and it was processed, etc. The issue is, prior to my freshman year of undergrad, I took three college-level courses (I was still in high school at the time), one of which I decided to transfer credits over so I could start my undergraduate freshman year at advanced standing. Do I also have to send the transcript from the school I took the course in during high school? I ask because I'd rather not -- as I'd mentioned, I took three classes there while I was still in high school. Two were for fun and the one was transferred over to my undergrad school. The two I took for fun I wasn't concerned about the grades for -- I did not do well in either class. I know if law schools see that in my application package, they will look negatively upon my application. Also, would those two bad grades (not put towards my undergraduate degree) also be included in the LSDAS GPA?

I also took a continuing adult education course very recently for fun at an art school nearby -- do I need to send LSAC that transcript as well, although it was just one course and did not count towards anything?

I would appreciate any help with this.. I am so confused as to what is necessary. Thank you all in advance and good luck to everyone applying!

jbarl1

Re: Do I have to send EVERY transcript?

Postby jbarl1 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:01 pm

I had to send transcripts from when I took community college courses in high school, so I would say yes, send everything or risk having your apps delayed.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:03 pm

postn0bills wrote:Hi everyone --
I'd really appreciate a response to this question. I sent LSAC my undergraduate transcript recently and it was processed, etc. The issue is, prior to my freshman year of undergrad, I took three college-level courses (I was still in high school at the time), one of which I decided to transfer credits over so I could start my undergraduate freshman year at advanced standing. Do I also have to send the transcript from the school I took the course in during high school? I ask because I'd rather not -- as I'd mentioned, I took three classes there while I was still in high school. Two were for fun and the one was transferred over to my undergrad school. The two I took for fun I wasn't concerned about the grades for -- I did not do well in either class. I know if law schools see that in my application package, they will look negatively upon my application. Also, would those two bad grades (not put towards my undergraduate degree) also be included in the LSDAS GPA?

I also took a continuing adult education course very recently for fun at an art school nearby -- do I need to send LSAC that transcript as well, although it was just one course and did not count towards anything?

I would appreciate any help with this.. I am so confused as to what is necessary. Thank you all in advance and good luck to everyone applying!

I'm not sure about the continuing ed course, but you need to send the ones from the courses that you took while in HS. This is something that comes back to bite people in the a, I've seen many people talk about it here on TLS. Sorry dude(tte)!

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:47 pm

You definitely have to send the transcript from the classes during high school. Not sure about the continuing ed. Call LSAC and ask specifically about that one, or be on the safe side and send it.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:50 pm

http://www.lsac.org/jd/apply/cas-reques ... cripts.asp

I think they pretty much want any transcript that exists. They even want transcripts for courses you have just enrolled in.

sarahh

Postby sarahh » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Send the continuining ed one too. I took two classes at an extension school after graduating, and I had to send those in. It won't affect your LSAC GPA. It will just say see transcript on your report.

BigBlueLaw

Postby BigBlueLaw » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm

I am in the same situation. I took 4 college classes in HS and failed to attend any of them...senioritis :/

Anyway, you have to send those transcripts in and since they were courses taken prior to receiving your bachelors, they will count towards your LSAC gpa...my classes lowered my gpa by more than 0.2 points. Sucks, but thats life.

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:23 pm

jbarl1 wrote:I had to send transcripts from when I took community college courses in high school, so I would say yes, send everything or risk having your apps delayed.

+1 I had to send mine as well.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”