LOCI and additional LOR's

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BeachedBrit

LOCI and additional LOR's

Postby BeachedBrit » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:27 am

In preparation for the inevitable WL that I am sure is coming from my target school I was wondering: when sending a LOCI it's common to add another LOR, is this letter simply sent by the applicant to the school or is it something that should also be sent to LSAC to be put on file?

Need to ask one of my prof's for one but don't want to make him go through the hassle of sending it to LSAC if that isn't the right way to do it for a LOCI.

Sandro

Re: LOCI and additional LOR's

Postby Sandro » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:27 pm

Im saving one of my LOR's for inevitable WL's and hopefully I dont get too too many WLs so I can have the LOR writer make it semi-school specific. I think you just send it to LSAC like normal and assign it to a school, LSAC will send it, although IDK what the merit of sending a LOCI with a LOR by yourself to the school might be... maybe more of a personal touch?

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:33 pm

I'm pretty sure all schools want LORs to go through LSAC, so just get him/her to send it there. You can write your LOCI to the school and mention that another LOR will be coming from LSAC shortly.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:40 pm

I thought after you had submitted, any additional LORs should be sent straight to the school?

AdamAndSteve

Postby AdamAndSteve » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:47 pm

JJDancer wrote:I thought after you had submitted, any additional LORs should be sent straight to the school?

BUMP, I really need this question answered.

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:54 pm

AdamAndSteve wrote:
JJDancer wrote:I thought after you had submitted, any additional LORs should be sent straight to the school?

BUMP, I really need this question answered.

In my experience I think it varies from school to school. Some of the schools I applied to have the above policy, whereas others want all LORs via LSAC. Check the schools' requirements online, or even contact admissions if you are unsure.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”