attaching a resume to an application...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Baruch Hume

attaching a resume to an application...

Postby Baruch Hume » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:01 am

Would attaching a resume to an application that does not ask for one, but rather asks for you to list your work positions, honors and extracurriculars on the application itself be a good idea? The work experience section doesn't give any room to list any sort of achievements or duties that went along with your time at a job. This resume attachment would be in addition to filling out the space provided on the application. As a side question, I had a side job for a few months as I looked for other work, helping out a small family business; should I list this despite its lack of major significance as to not imply that there is a gap in my work experience?

ams

Re: attaching a resume to an application...

Postby ams » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:57 am

I would still attach a resume if I were you. You should keep it to one page. I see no problem including the side job unless it will make you exceed one page. However, if it specifically says to account for all time periods and you weren't doing anything else during that time (school, internship, etc.) then you should probably keep it in and find another way to trim the resume down if necessary.

Dany

Re: attaching a resume to an application...

Postby Dany » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:12 am

Why not just call the school and ask if it's okay to submit one or if they just prefer to look at the application form? Can't go wrong getting the answer straight from them. It takes <45 seconds to make the call and the admissions offices I've spoken to are always happy to answer questions.

ams wrote:I see no problem including the side job unless it will make you exceed one page. However, if it specifically says to account for all time periods and you weren't doing anything else during that time (school, internship, etc.) then you should probably keep it in and find another way to trim the resume down if necessary.

Also, I agree with all of this.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”