Careless mistake on app

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JJDancer

Careless mistake on app

Postby JJDancer » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Finally. I have my very own "gaah!!" moment.
One of the bullets on my resume starts halfway into the page (HEAVILY indented).

In the long run it shouldn't matter (right?) but it still makes me cringe.

thecilent

Re: Careless mistake on app

Postby thecilent » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:04 pm

IBTL.

gdane

Postby gdane » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:22 pm

Its probably not a big deal. Formatting errors occur all the time. Dont worry about it.

If it bugs you this much, inform them that you would like to send an updated resume.

Good luck!

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:17 am

JJDancer wrote:Finally. I have my very own "gaah!!" moment.
One of the bullets on my resume starts halfway into the page (HEAVILY indented).

It should be fine. I pulled one of the biggest application "what not to dos" EVER (seriously, it's in every single interview with an admissions dean EVER as a "DO NOT DO THIS" example) and was still accepted to the school. A tiny formatting error like that is no big deal; I wouldn't worry about it if I were you!

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:56 am

gdane5 wrote:Its probably not a big deal. Formatting errors occur all the time. Dont worry about it.

If it bugs you this much, inform them that you would like to send an updated resume.

Good luck!

I really wouldn't do this. Formatting errors, like gdane said, happen all the time. Tons of people make mistakes on their apps and still get into top schools. This is a really silly thing to send an amended resume for.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:56 am

eskimo wrote:

It should be fine. I pulled one of the biggest application "what not to dos" EVER (seriously, it's in every single interview with an admissions dean EVER as a "DO NOT DO THIS" example) and was still accepted to the school. A tiny formatting error like that is no big deal; I wouldn't worry about it if I were you!

Yeah, I had a similar formatting error on 3 of my apps. "xxx'x" turned into "xxx?x". I emailed them about the error and they updated my file, and I still got into all the schools. So don't worry about it. It won't help you, but it's not going to break you.

florencezx

Postby florencezx » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Knock wrote:
eskimo wrote:

Yeah, I had a similar formatting error on 3 of my apps. "xxx'x" turned into "xxx?x". I emailed them about the error and they updated my file, and I still got into all the schools. So don't worry about it. It won't help you, but it's not going to break you.

What about a spelling mistake on the resume? a name of an agency i used to work for...(really don't know how that happened)

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:59 pm

FWIW I just let it go. Didn't update the resume.

imo, If the agency's name is understandable despite the typo then just let it go.

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:16 am

eskimo wrote:

I have to ask...what did you do?

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:47 pm

nStiver wrote:
eskimo wrote:

I have to ask...what did you do?

I'm going to assume mixing up the name of the school with another?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”