$20,000 to send updated transcripts...Today?!?!?! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
calvmpv

Bronze

$20,000 to send updated transcripts...Today?!?!?!

Post by calvmpv » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Here's the deal...my UG's office closes in a few hours and they don't open again till the first week of January. I got my semester grades today and my GPA went up from a 3.56 to a 3.62. I rushed to send the updated transcript to LSAC, but I got a call from my school saying that my next semester's student account has to be settled before they can mail the forms. I would have to pay something like $20,000 in tuition to send my transcripts.

My question is...would the grade change make that much of a difference that I should settle the account today? Would any updates even be taken into account or have most schools already made their decision on me (I submitted early October)?

If I am just being neurotic, I apologize. But thanks!

flightcontrol

New

Re: $20,000 to send updated transcripts...Today?!?!?!

Post by flightcontrol » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Can't hurt and you'll have to pay the money anyway (so your title is misleading). All you lose is the interest for a month, which is a few bucks. if you have the cash, pay up. That's a pretty big GPA boost.

SubwaySandwich

New

Post by SubwaySandwich » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:28 pm

flightcontrol wrote:Can't hurt and you'll have to pay the money anyway (so your title is misleading). All you lose is the interest for a month, which is a few bucks. if you have the cash, pay up. That's a pretty big GPA boost.
+1

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:37 pm

This is a strange topic to me. Your financial aid probably hasn't disbursed.. but if you're considering this it's reasonable to assume you have $20,000 anyway. Why wouldn't you just settle your account a little earlier than usual?

You either have the money and might as well, or you don't. Alternatively, you think you know someone with $20,000; if such is the case why not convince them? You'd pay them back shortly anyway.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:24 pm

gens1tb wrote:This is a strange topic to me. Your financial aid probably hasn't disbursed.. but if you're considering this it's reasonable to assume you have $20,000 anyway. Why wouldn't you just settle your account a little earlier than usual?

You either have the money and might as well, or you don't. Alternatively, you think you know someone with $20,000; if such is the case why not convince them? You'd pay them back shortly anyway.
+1. You'll have to pay it one way or the other to finish your degree anyway, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”