$20,000 to send updated transcripts...Today?!?!?!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
calvmpv

$20,000 to send updated transcripts...Today?!?!?!

Postby calvmpv » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Here's the deal...my UG's office closes in a few hours and they don't open again till the first week of January. I got my semester grades today and my GPA went up from a 3.56 to a 3.62. I rushed to send the updated transcript to LSAC, but I got a call from my school saying that my next semester's student account has to be settled before they can mail the forms. I would have to pay something like $20,000 in tuition to send my transcripts.

My question is...would the grade change make that much of a difference that I should settle the account today? Would any updates even be taken into account or have most schools already made their decision on me (I submitted early October)?

If I am just being neurotic, I apologize. But thanks!

flightcontrol

Re: $20,000 to send updated transcripts...Today?!?!?!

Postby flightcontrol » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Can't hurt and you'll have to pay the money anyway (so your title is misleading). All you lose is the interest for a month, which is a few bucks. if you have the cash, pay up. That's a pretty big GPA boost.

SubwaySandwich

Postby SubwaySandwich » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:28 pm

flightcontrol wrote:Can't hurt and you'll have to pay the money anyway (so your title is misleading). All you lose is the interest for a month, which is a few bucks. if you have the cash, pay up. That's a pretty big GPA boost.

+1

gens1tb

Postby gens1tb » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:37 pm

This is a strange topic to me. Your financial aid probably hasn't disbursed.. but if you're considering this it's reasonable to assume you have $20,000 anyway. Why wouldn't you just settle your account a little earlier than usual?

You either have the money and might as well, or you don't. Alternatively, you think you know someone with $20,000; if such is the case why not convince them? You'd pay them back shortly anyway.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:24 pm

gens1tb wrote:This is a strange topic to me. Your financial aid probably hasn't disbursed.. but if you're considering this it's reasonable to assume you have $20,000 anyway. Why wouldn't you just settle your account a little earlier than usual?

You either have the money and might as well, or you don't. Alternatively, you think you know someone with $20,000; if such is the case why not convince them? You'd pay them back shortly anyway.

+1. You'll have to pay it one way or the other to finish your degree anyway, right?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”