2nd minor question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zanzbar

2nd minor question

Postby zanzbar » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:48 pm

Recently I was selected to be a congressional intern during the spring semester for a state representative. My university offers some credit for this towards a Poli-Sci minor/major. I already am majoring in Econ with a minor in History so my question is will a 2nd minor make any difference or enough of one in my admissions process next fall to merit pursuing this minor. Thanks.

T6Hopeful

Re: 2nd minor question

Postby T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:54 pm

It won't make a difference in the sense that they'll take you over an equal applicant with one minor. So, just make sure you enjoy doing what you're doing, because that'll shine through more than anything. If anything, the internship will look strong on your resume and you can somehow tie that into why you want to do law. Congrats on your internship!

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:58 pm

I have always had similar questions. If I am double major, double minored, will that help me stand out, say against someone who only has one major?

zanzbar

Postby zanzbar » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Thanks I figure it won't hurt since it will make me have to go an extra summer session to fulfill the minor past the internship so I think I am going to do it. Right now my dream school is Stanford I managed to keep a 4.0 so far through college, but from my time here on TLS I see people say that Stanford seems to look into softs a lot more then your typical law school so I am looking for ways to attempt to build up that aspect of my admissions application. I figure this internship along with the 2nd minor could help that since I am just a typical middle class white male that hasn't had to much adversity to overcome, and maybe I could get a good LOR along with something to write about in my PS out of the internship.

acadec

Postby acadec » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:59 pm

bport hopeful wrote:I have always had similar questions. If I am double major, double minored, will that help me stand out, say against someone who only has one major?

No. Or if so, only barely. I mean, if you and the other guy with one major had exactly the same stats and there was one place left, you'd get it, but if he had like a .01 higher GPA he would.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”