Salutation for school-specific LORs?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Bless

Salutation for school-specific LORs?

Postby Bless » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:58 am

For my LORs that have a cover sheet made specific to the intended school (i.e. NOT "For All Law Schools"), should my recommender address the salutation on the actual letter as any of the following: (1) "Dear Fordham University"; (2) "Fordham University"; or (3) "To Whom It May Concern,"?

Thanks.

Knock

Re: Salutation for school-specific LORs?

Postby Knock » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Bless wrote:For my LORs that have a cover sheet made specific to the intended school (i.e. NOT "For All Law Schools"), should my recommender address the salutation on the actual letter as any of the following: (1) "Dear Fordham University"; (2) "Fordham University"; or (3) "To Whom It May Concern,"?

Thanks.

What do you mean by cover sheet? I'd ask your recommender to address it as "Dear Fordham University Admissions Committee" or "Fordham University Law School Admissions Comittee." Something long those lines.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Knock wrote:
Bless wrote:For my LORs that have a cover sheet made specific to the intended school (i.e. NOT "For All Law Schools"), should my recommender address the salutation on the actual letter as any of the following: (1) "Dear Fordham University"; (2) "Fordham University"; or (3) "To Whom It May Concern,"?

Thanks.

What do you mean by cover sheet? I'd ask your recommender to address it as "Dear Fordham University Admissions Committee" or "Fordham University Law School Admissions Comittee." Something long those lines.

I think he means the LOR form.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:45 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
Knock wrote:

Thanks.

No Knock is correct. The OP is asking what the recommender should start the letter with since it's school specific. The LSAC LOR form isnt altered in any way.

OP, I'd go with either one of knock's options. Really, it doesnt matter. Just secure a nice recommendation.

Good luck!

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:47 pm

gdane5 wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:
Knock wrote:

Thanks.

No Knock is correct. The OP is asking what the recommender should start the letter with since it's school specific. The LSAC LOR form isnt altered in any way.

OP, I'd go with either one of knock's options. Really, it doesnt matter. Just secure a nice recommendation.

Good luck!

Actually, I think we're both correct. I was asking what he meant by cover sheet, and then answered his original question, which was about the salutations on the actual LORs. Pleasey just answered my question :). Thanks Pleasey.
Last edited by Knock on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:47 pm

gdane5 wrote:No Knock is correct. The OP is asking what the recommender should start the letter with since it's school specific. The LSAC LOR form isnt altered in any way.

Good luck!

No dude, Knock asked "what do you mean by cover sheet?". I answered that question.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Hey maybe the OP is asking a question that none of us hit on.

In any case, everyone's a winner! :D

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:25 pm

gdane5 wrote:Hey maybe the OP is asking a question that none of us hit on.

In any case, everyone's a winner! :D

Nice save homie.

You're welcome Knock :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”