WE and Stuff

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
verum custos

WE and Stuff

Postby verum custos » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:02 am

Looking for friendly advice on things I can do in roughly one year of time to strengthen my resume. I did a forum search and couldn't find quite what I was looking for.

I'm a senior UG student and I've decided to wait until next June to retake the test after an unfortunate score on the Oct test this year.

This means I'll have a year off after graduating at the end of next semester and after the June test -- which will be kind of strange.

So I figured I should try to strengthen my resume while saving money during that time off after graduation via work experience. I'll want to try to get a job as some sort of legal assistant, but if that fails, it would probably also look nice if I gained experience through a non-profit organization. What else could I do to look good? I know the basics, but I guess I'm just asking if anyone knows any secrets :wink:

I guess I could try to get involved more with a certain honor society and maybe join a certain frat some of my friends are in. Anything else?

Grizz

Re: WE and Stuff

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:05 am

lol @ joining a frat because it will make you look good

D-ROCCA

Postby D-ROCCA » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:11 am

Not that kind of frat.

verum custos

Postby verum custos » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:11 am

rad law wrote:lol @ joining a frat because it will make you look good

Yeah this particular chapter doesn't have the best reputation after some sexual assault thing. Maybe I'll skip that.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:12 am

verum custos wrote:

Yeah this particular chapter doesn't have the best reputation after some sexual assault thing. Maybe I'll skip that.

Also in general if you're joining a frat for any other reason than partying/making some cool friends/getting girls you're doing it wrong.

verum custos

Postby verum custos » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:16 am

rad law wrote:
verum custos wrote:

Also in general if you're joining a frat for any other reason than partying/making some cool friends/getting girls you're doing it wrong.

This particular chapter doesn't have many cool people, but apparantly a decent alumni presence (so they say :lol: )

D-ROCCA

Postby D-ROCCA » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:23 am

lolz at a senior pledge

verum custos

Postby verum custos » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:01 am

Wow, how could you guys post this picture. It is really quite unbecoming and I resent this; simply uncalled for.

--ImageRemoved--

MrSparkle

Postby MrSparkle » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:10 am

Best thing you can do - don't work. Study for the LSAT hardcore, then ace it in June. Then work on your apps hardcore and submit on Sept 1/Oct 1. That will make more difference than an extra line on your resume, unless that line includes "Rhodes" or "Nobel."

verum custos

Postby verum custos » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:31 am

MrSparkle wrote:Best thing you can do - don't work. Study for the LSAT hardcore, then ace it in June. Then work on your apps hardcore and submit on Sept 1/Oct 1. That will make more difference than an extra line on your resume, unless that line includes "Rhodes" or "Nobel."

Ok so study a little, play some mid-stakes poker online and drink a lot. All right, sounds like a plan.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”