Stupid Mistake

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FiveSermon

Stupid Mistake

Postby FiveSermon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:18 pm

On the Vanderbilt application, there is a box asking for if your parents contributed to your undergrad tuition and if so how much per year.

I said "Yes" that they helped pay for my tution but I completely forgot to write in how much they contributed and submitted the app anyways.

Should I call them?

Grizz

Re: Stupid Mistake

Postby Grizz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Yep; call. They will tell you what they want you to do, if anything.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:21 pm

rad law wrote:Yep; call. They will tell you what they want you to do, if anything.

Will this hurt me because I'm stupid and didn't even fill out the app properly?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:22 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
rad law wrote:Yep; call. They will tell you what they want you to do, if anything.

Shouldn't be a big deal. This question is not srs bzns.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:25 pm

rad law wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:

Thanks! Also would you happen to know where I can schedule and interview? And can I do it by phone? I'm working this week so I don't think I can go out anywhere to meet!

NZA

Postby NZA » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:30 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
rad law wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:

Thanks! Also would you happen to know where I can schedule and interview? And can I do it by phone? I'm working this week so I don't think I can go out anywhere to meet!

Yes, but the deadline for interviews has passed. And yes, you could have done it by phone, but alas, the time has gone. :(

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 pm

NZA wrote:Yes, but the deadline for interviews has passed. And yes, you could have done it by phone, but alas, the time has gone. :(

+1

But keep in mind the interview can help, but it's not necessary. I suggest writing a good "Why Vandy." Best of luck bro

NZA

Postby NZA » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:49 pm

rad law wrote:
NZA wrote:Yes, but the deadline for interviews has passed. And yes, you could have done it by phone, but alas, the time has gone. :(

+1

But keep in mind the interview can help, but it's not necessary. I suggest writing a good "Why Vandy." Best of luck bro

Yes, I guess I should emphasize the positive and say that the Vandy interview doesn't seem to matter a whole lot (or that's what I heard?), so the OP shouldn't feel bad or anything.

And yeah, Rad Law is on point when he suggests to write a Why Vandy essay in lieu of the interview.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:54 pm

NZA wrote:Yes, I guess I should emphasize the positive and say that the Vandy interview doesn't seem to matter a whole lot (or that's what I heard?), so the OP shouldn't feel bad or anything.

What you heard is spot on. I straight up asked the admissions staff. Candidly, it can help, but it's more to make sure you're not crazy/weird/antisocial/unemployable.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:50 am

rad law wrote:
NZA wrote:Yes, I guess I should emphasize the positive and say that the Vandy interview doesn't seem to matter a whole lot (or that's what I heard?), so the OP shouldn't feel bad or anything.

What you heard is spot on. I straight up asked the admissions staff. Candidly, it can help, but it's more to make sure you're not crazy/weird/antisocial/unemployable.

Man, I put "Planning on scheduling an interview before deadline".

Now I have to call them and fix that also.

So many mistakes on my application!!

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:58 am

Weird. I got an email today saying "We have received all required materials for completing your application to Vanderbilt Law School.".

I still didn't update them on that part of the application. Does it mean that part was optional or they just haven't found out I didn't fill it out yet?

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:54 pm

FiveSermon wrote:Weird. I got an email today saying "We have received all required materials for completing your application to Vanderbilt Law School.".

I still didn't update them on that part of the application. Does it mean that part was optional or they just haven't found out I didn't fill it out yet?

Did the status checker, it says I'm complete. Do I still need to update them about not filling in the financial aid part of the app?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”