Only sent 1 Faculty LOR and 1 Manager LOR... Mistake?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
raeq63

Only sent 1 Faculty LOR and 1 Manager LOR... Mistake?

Postby raeq63 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 pm

So here's the deal... I have 3 LORs ( 2 Faculty and 1 Manager). I am very confident in professor #1's LOR and the manager's LOR, but not so much in professor #2's LOR. Because of this I only sent the LOR from my professor #1 and the one from my manager. Was this a huge mistake? If so, should I send in the other professor's LOR late?

I'm really freaking out about this mental lapse and am concerned about its consequences (e.g. waitlisted at UIUC while over both medians).

bk1

Re: Only sent 1 Faculty LOR and 1 Manager LOR... Mistake?

Postby bk1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 pm

raeq63 wrote:(e.g. waitlisted at UIUC while over both medians).

This could be due to YP.

raeq63

Postby raeq63 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:12 pm

I thought they didn't YP?

Either way, should I send in the other academic LOR, or would that just annoy them?

EricBerry

Postby EricBerry » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:46 pm

I was in the exact same situation with my LORs. Very confident in one professor's letter and my employer's letter, but unimpressed with the other professor. Each recommender insisted on reading me their LOR and two were fantastic. The other professor's letter wasn't bad by any means, but it seemed kind of cookie-cutter. I sent the two good ones to schools that didn't specifically ask for academic letters and all three to schools that did.

EDIT: If they prefer academic letters, I'd send in your extra. I seriously doubt it could hurt you at all.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”