Question re: updated transcript

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
doukycats

Question re: updated transcript

Postby doukycats » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:00 pm

I am going to send out most of my applications in the next few days, but I don't know if I should include some note/addendum that I will be sending an updated transcript in the future (This semester raised my LSAC GPA substantially, but my UG registrar doesn't open until Dec 3, and LSAC wouldn't receive the new transcript until almost a week after that based on earlier experience). I know this probably isn't a big deal and if I send the updated transcript later they will probably just add it independently, but I fear they will have already made judgment on an application with a lower GPA than it could have.

Figured I would consult the brain pool at TLS before I did anything.

Knock

Re: Question re: updated transcript

Postby Knock » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:53 pm

doukycats wrote:I am going to send out most of my applications in the next few days, but I don't know if I should include some note/addendum that I will be sending an updated transcript in the future (This semester raised my LSAC GPA substantially, but my UG registrar doesn't open until Dec 3, and LSAC wouldn't receive the new transcript until almost a week after that based on earlier experience). I know this probably isn't a big deal and if I send the updated transcript later they will probably just add it independently, but I fear they will have already made judgment on an application with a lower GPA than it could have.

Figured I would consult the brain pool at TLS before I did anything.

Not exactly sure on the answer to your question, but most admissions offices are closing down soon until the New Year, and once they start reviewing applications again, they will go in order of completion. Since they won't be making a decision on your application for a while, I advise against sending the addendum. Unless you were applying to Duke PT.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”