My chances...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jpritchett5

My chances...

Postby jpritchett5 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:40 pm

I am interesting in hearing what you guys think my chances are with 158 (lsat) and 3.63 (GPA) for the following schools:

*I am a peace corps volunteer with former internship experience in a public defender's office

University of Georgia
University of Tennessee
University of Florida
Florida State University
Georgia State University
Arizona State University
University of Wisconsin
University of Iowa
University of Illinois
Wake Forest University
Indiana Bloomington

mpj_3050

Re: My chances...

Postby mpj_3050 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:46 pm

Have you looked at the Arkansas schools?

Fayetteville offered in-state tuition the first year and 3k a semester for the other two years, but it requires top 20%.

Arkansas-Little Rock offered guaranteed resident tuition all three years should my residency get turned down and then 24k for tuition of about 3k per year. The class rank stipulation is only top 60% which isn't too bad considering what a lot of schools do.

I have a 160 and 3.5 so we are in similar situations. If you can't retake then try to minimize the debt load. Also, need to know if you are a resident of any of these states and are you a URM? Peace Corps is a great soft though.

jpritchett5

Postby jpritchett5 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Right...well, I would take the higher LSAT score and the lower GPA any day. At any rate, I have no intention of applying as an underrepresented minority and I am a resident of Georgia.

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:01 pm

jpritchett5 wrote:I am interesting in hearing what you guys think my chances are with 158 (lsat) and 3.63 (GPA) for the following schools:

*I am a peace corps volunteer with former internship experience in a public defender's office

University of Georgia : not so good
University of Tennessee: pretty good
University of Florida: pretty good
Florida State University: pretty good
Georgia State University: pretty good
Arizona State University: pretty good
University of Wisconsin: pretty good
University of Iowa: not so good
University of Illinois:not so good
Wake Forest University:pretty good
Indiana Bloomington: pretty good

by pretty good i mean your chances aren't bad. not so good means it's a reach.

jpritchett5

Postby jpritchett5 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:20 pm

That is a nice way to put it. I´m little surprised about the University of Iowa. Is it really that much harder to get into than Wisconsin? I have gotten contradictory feedback on the question. LSAC.org´s predictor says that I have a better chance to get into Iowa while lawschoolpredictor.com says just the opposite.

Basically, if I am going to leave the southeast region, then I want to practice in Chicago. I am willing to hear any advice you guys have.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”