Phi Beta Kappa - notify schools?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Confused7

Phi Beta Kappa - notify schools?

Postby Confused7 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:49 pm

I'm not familiar with the academic societies, but I just got an invitation from my UG for Phi Beta Kappa. I know that it's considered "prestigious" and past presidents, Justices, etc have gotten it. Should I bother to notify the law schools I've applied to about this update? And if so, what's the appropriate method of notifying them since I've already sent in all my apps?

ams

Re: Phi Beta Kappa - notify schools?

Postby ams » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:17 pm

I would say send an updated resume. Probably won't make a difference, but it couldn't hurt.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:21 pm

Thanks ams. My worry is that sending in unnecessary stuff will only delay their review of my application. Plus I've already sent an updated resume once...I don't want to come across as petty or obsessive, lol.

ams

Postby ams » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:27 pm

In that case you could wait to see what happens and then if you get wait-listed include an updated resume with your LOCI. Although judging by your numbers, you are unlikely to get waitlisted anywhere outside the T6.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Hmm, okay good call. Thanks again ams! Unfortunately for me, I am only applying within T6 this year. Here's to hoping that I'll get the chance to send this baby out with waitlists and not rejections!!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”