To nip in the bud...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
joebloe

To nip in the bud...

Postby joebloe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:50 pm

This may sound like a silly concern, but here goes. Say you're a Jr. It's a very common situation that, going through life, you cannot or simply fail to denote Sr. vs. Jr. on various forms. I've heard that adcomms may do cursory searches on applicants' names. Is it worth emphasizing anywhere, such as in an addendum, that a search for information on you may incidentally turn information on your father? It'd be an awful shame to get rejected because adcomms thought you lied on the C&F section, for instance.

bk1

Re: To nip in the bud...

Postby bk1 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:55 pm

I think it'd be pretty obvious whether the info was about you or your father.

Also, C&F is on the bar, not on your application. And I highly doubt schools are going to background check you.

krad

Re: To nip in the bud...

Postby krad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:55 pm

joebloe wrote:This may sound like a silly concern, but here goes. Say you're a Jr. It's a very common situation that, going through life, you cannot or simply fail to denote Sr. vs. Jr. on various forms. I've heard that adcomms may do cursory searches on applicants' names. Is it worth emphasizing anywhere, such as in an addendum, that a search for information on you may incidentally turn information on your father? It'd be an awful shame to get rejected because adcomms thought you lied on the C&F section, for instance.

Is there no space to denote that on apps (in the first name/last/etc. section)?

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt there will be any such search and that it will hold any baring on a school's decision to admit/deny you...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”