How to inform law schools about future score?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
faexylona

How to inform law schools about future score?

Postby faexylona » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:42 pm

I took my LSAT this December. I have all my applications completed except for one letter of recommendation that my professor is sending today. I was wondering how I could ask the law schools I am applying to hold my application until my lsat scores are released.

I have read in many places that there is a place in the applications where I can let them know, but I have not seen this box. Others have said to email them and provide my LSAC number.

Can someone please help me with this question. Thank you.

Dany

Re: How to inform law schools about future score?

Postby Dany » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:47 pm

...do you have another score?

s0ph1e2007

Re: How to inform law schools about future score?

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:51 pm

faexylona wrote:I took my LSAT this December. I have all my applications completed except for one letter of recommendation that my professor is sending today. I was wondering how I could ask the law schools I am applying to hold my application until my lsat scores are released.

I have read in many places that there is a place in the applications where I can let them know, but I have not seen this box. Others have said to email them and provide my LSAC number.

Can someone please help me with this question. Thank you.

email or call them
some apps have a section where you can identify when you took the LSAT (most) and if you indicate the december test, some will hold your app.
But there's no reason not.

Mich says:
I am re-taking the LSAT in December. If I submit my application prior to re-taking the LSAT, but with a previous score on record, will my application be reviewed prior to the release of my new score?
If you are comfortable with all your other application materials, we encourage you to submit your application now rather than waiting for the December LSAT score to send everything—and to make sure to let us know the new score is en route. Because we have a rolling admissions process, there is always something of an advantage to being reviewed earlier rather than later, and if you submit all your materials only after receiving your score, your application will not be complete and ready for review until late January or early February. (For that reason, if the December test is your first sitting for the LSAT, we do recommend that you submit all your other materials in advance, so that when the score arrives we can complete your application file immediately and submit it for review, rather than just beginning to process it at that time.)

While we do not universally hold applications in limbo while we await a new score, our reviewers will see that you are registered for the December LSAT. If we feel that a new score could be a decision-making difference, we will set the application aside and re-review it once the new score arrives. But if we are comfortable admitting you without seeing the new score, we will go ahead and do that; by the same token, if we are sure that an increased LSAT score would not alone lead to a different outcome, we will issue a final decision before receiving the score. If that happens, you are welcome to request that we reconsider your application in light of new information.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”