Could I consolidate my DS with various Addendums? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sanctvm

New

Could I consolidate my DS with various Addendums?

Post by sanctvm » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:47 pm

If the subject and nature of my diversity statement could also explain and illuminate some discrepancy in grades and gaps in attendance, should I do this and just title the attachment accordingly? I just don't want to be redundant and have 3 addendum's when I could have just one DS.

northwood

Platinum

Re: Could I consolidate my DS with various Addendums?

Post by northwood » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:01 am

you can, but i would advise against it. A diversity statement, and personal statement should be used to portray yourself ( personal) or your diversity in a bright light. You want it to be positive, and uplifting, and truthful. They are one of the rare opportunities to show your personality and other great things about you, besides your numbers. Treat them as an interview- specifically the question, what makes you you? You wouldnt bring up any negatives about you if you were sitting in front of an interview panel in person, so why would you do it here?

Use the addendums to individually explain any discrepencies or issues on your application. Just state the facts, and dates. If they are all related ( disciplinary issues, for example) you can use more than one incident on the addendum. Keep the lsat and gpa ones seperate( these are the most common addenda topics)

This site has a lot of great resources on diversity statements. browse through them while you are fine tuining your statement. best of luck!

sanctvm

New

Post by sanctvm » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Thank you.

I wouldn't consider my DS very "uplifting" - though it does show that I have a considerable amount of perseverance, drive and determination.

Can I PM it to you once I've finished my 900th edit?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:25 pm

yea sure

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”