Who here hasn't submitted yet (late December)?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
r6_philly

Re: Who here hasn't submitted yet (late December)?

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:13 pm

JJDancer wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I went for the interview at NU in Sept. Did not feel like writing the essays, and could not find the appropriate person to fill out the CPE. I still don't know if I will apply. Too late for the AJD anyway.

Plus that's too cold for you :lol:

You said it! Although I would consider a 33% reduction in coldness as a part of the AJD benefits.

gens1tb

Postby gens1tb » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:28 pm

If you took the December LSAT and it's your only score is there any point to submitting before scores are released?

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:16 pm

gens1tb wrote:If you took the December LSAT and it's your only score is there any point to submitting before scores are released?

Yes. So that your file is "complete" as soon as the score is reported.

(Otherwise it takes 2 days to 3 weeks for your lsac lors and transcript etc to be sent to the school and processed).

sanctvm

Postby sanctvm » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:55 pm

thecilent wrote:
sanctvm wrote:There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Apply - Apply - Apply. Don't listen to all the nay-sayers.... Yes- we lose out on some of the benefits of applying early, but we are going for it. If things don't work out, we've done most of the work, early application process should be very simple: we already know the process; just need to rewrite/rework essays. But I personally would rather at least try this cycle.
(I am also applying with fee waivers - paying might have made a difference).

Who is nay-saying anything?

If you go over the countless post regarding applying late; there are numerous opinions on this matter and most are negative or rather - wait till the next cycle if you haven't applied before the Dec LSAT or are depending on the Feb LSAT.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:15 pm

Still not applied here either, and have quite a ways to go. A lot depends on where my LSAT score from this December falls given my GPA.

isaiahnielsen

Postby isaiahnielsen » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:28 pm

joebloe wrote:Still not applied here either, and have quite a ways to go. A lot depends on where my LSAT score from this December falls given my GPA.

i am absolutely in the same boat...so i decided that i am going to do as much as i can until i receive the LSAT score, and if it is bad, i don't have to apply this cycle...there is always next cycle, which we would have a head start on!

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:34 pm

isaiahnielsen wrote:
joebloe wrote:Still not applied here either, and have quite a ways to go. A lot depends on where my LSAT score from this December falls given my GPA.

i am absolutely in the same boat...so i decided that i am going to do as much as i can until i receive the LSAT score, and if it is bad, i don't have to apply this cycle...there is always next cycle, which we would have a head start on!

Yeah, I've been keeping this in mind, but at the same time carefully trying not to consider it an option. I do not want to fall into thinking, "Oh screw it, I'll just apply next cycle and get things in better shape." I'm not so far behind that I can't still make it.

Madison425

Postby Madison425 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:45 pm

Last edited by Madison425 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Madison425 wrote:When is the deadline for the AJD, isn't it Jan 15th?

Yes, but I still haven't written the essays, have no CPE writer, and Berkeley doesn't match NU's scholarships if I get any.

Madison425

Postby Madison425 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Last edited by Madison425 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Madison425 wrote:true, it seems like you already got some great options anyway! good luck on the great cycle you are having!

Thanks! I am certainly very grateful. Even if it stops at B and P I would be set, so I couldn't be happier.

Good luck to you too!

gens1tb

Postby gens1tb » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:40 pm

JJDancer wrote:
gens1tb wrote:If you took the December LSAT and it's your only score is there any point to submitting before scores are released?

Yes. So that your file is "complete" as soon as the score is reported.

(Otherwise it takes 2 days to 3 weeks for your lsac lors and transcript etc to be sent to the school and processed).

Oh.

I had thought that CAS wouldn't generate and send their report if they couldn't complete it.

kitmitzi

Postby kitmitzi » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:51 pm

I haven't applied but I'm not too worried. I was at an admissions panel with stanford, cornell, columbia, and chicago and freaked out because I couldn't take the October LSAT (luckily they didn't know my name. I was such a mess. shaking/in tears/etc.) and all the deans said that while there may be less spaces, they'll give consideration for why my application was delayed by so long.

Lots of people get into law school and apply in January. Now February/March may be a problem...

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:53 pm

kitmitzi wrote:I haven't applied but I'm not too worried. I was at an admissions panel with stanford, cornell, columbia, and chicago and freaked out because I couldn't take the October LSAT (luckily they didn't know my name. I was such a mess. shaking/in tears/etc.) and all the deans said that while there may be less spaces, they'll give consideration for why my application was delayed by so long.

Lots of people get into law school and apply in January. Now February/March may be a problem...

What panel was that?

kitmitzi

Postby kitmitzi » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:57 pm

What panel was that?

Panel at my school. We're pretty isolated so they try to bring people to us. hmm, actually maybe Chicago wasn't there. It turned into a east coast vs. California fight a little bit.

anonymiB

Postby anonymiB » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:58 pm

idfatq wrote:Just wanted to know if there were more of us out there; all these "I went complete September 12th" "I'm in at xyz law w/ full scholarship!" "Just got my 6th acceptance" threads are making me anxious.... surely I can't be the only one who hasn't submitted yet, right?

I don't have an LSAT score, so I am there with you. Nothing out there yet, and probably won't be for a few more weeks or a month or something.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Miracle wrote:
kitmitzi wrote:I haven't applied but I'm not too worried. I was at an admissions panel with stanford, cornell, columbia, and chicago and freaked out because I couldn't take the October LSAT (luckily they didn't know my name. I was such a mess. shaking/in tears/etc.) and all the deans said that while there may be less spaces, they'll give consideration for why my application was delayed by so long.

What panel was that?

I don't think they really care. They are not obligated to accept you so to them it doesn't matter, and your not required to submit your application on Oct 1-for example. When you apply is your personal choice. Now you're you'll be at disadvantage but thats your problem not theirs.

jamlip

Postby jamlip » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:06 pm

My applications are all pretty much set to go except for one LOR which my professor is taking FOREVER to get in. Trying not to get stressed out, but it's become pretty bothersome at this point. I had planned on finishing apps in early/mid-december, and now his procrastinating has put me in a bad situation.

Oh well. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts..

DamnLSAT

Postby DamnLSAT » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:24 pm

jamlip wrote:My applications are all pretty much set to go except for one LOR which my professor is taking FOREVER to get in. Trying not to get stressed out, but it's become pretty bothersome at this point. I had planned on finishing apps in early/mid-december, and now his procrastinating has put me in a bad situation.

Oh well. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts..

+1,000

I spent months working on my LOR people to get their recs in. I made the mistake of giving them TOO MUCH time to complete them (i.e. sent out in May, gave Dec deadline). I was trying to be way ahead of the game, but they just simply forgot about them. I had to email/call at least once a day until they finally finished. It's just not as important to them as it is to us. I'd stay on them - be nice, and they should complete them promptly. Good luck!

I'm applying today/tomorrow. Most of my apps were completed before today, but I needed the time off during the holiday to go through last minute checks of everything - I read a few too many horror stories about sending the wrong PS to the wrong school. Talk about disaster.

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:21 pm

I, too, will be submitting most applications in the coming days. wahhh

deakon10

Postby deakon10 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Same here.. waiting for my Dec LSAT score because it will dictate whether or not I even apply this cycle. If it's on the lower end of my PT scores then I will re-take in june and apply next cycle.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”