Who here hasn't submitted yet (late December)?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
idfatq

Who here hasn't submitted yet (late December)?

Postby idfatq » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Just wanted to know if there were more of us out there; all these "I went complete September 12th" "I'm in at xyz law w/ full scholarship!" "Just got my 6th acceptance" threads are making me anxious.... surely I can't be the only one who hasn't submitted yet, right?

thecilent

Re: Who here hasn't submitted yet (late December)?

Postby thecilent » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:25 pm

I haven't submitted to Penn yet (damn mandatory extra essay), if that makes you feel any better. There are still a lot of people who haven't submitted, but probably not too many on this site.. look at the nature of this site

glewz

Postby glewz » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:28 pm

yeah no worries...TLS does law school applications with steroids.

I know plenty of people that applied Jan & got into T6.

pinkcamellia

Postby pinkcamellia » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:30 pm

I haven't submitted yet, but all my applications are simply waiting on an LSAT score(I just took it for the first time in December).

I know of several folks who've submitted in January and been accepted to a T14.

bigkahuna2020

Postby bigkahuna2020 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Cleaning up my essays---applying before my Dec LSAT comes out

sanctvm

Postby sanctvm » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:37 pm

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Apply - Apply - Apply. Don't listen to all the nay-sayers.... Yes- we lose out on some of the benefits of applying early, but we are going for it. If things don't work out, we've done most of the work, early application process should be very simple: we already know the process; just need to rewrite/rework essays. But I personally would rather at least try this cycle.
(I am also applying with fee waivers - paying might have made a difference).

rso11

Postby rso11 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:45 pm

I haven't applied yet either--good to know there are others!

Anybody know how long it takes for LSAC to get stuff to the law schools? I'm anticipating sending an addendum to my schools to explain a gap in my LSAT scores (at least, I need one and am hoping to God and all things good for one) but I'm leery of just sending it along with my file in case, you know, disaster strikes and I don't get that jump.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:08 am

sanctvm wrote:There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Apply - Apply - Apply. Don't listen to all the nay-sayers.... Yes- we lose out on some of the benefits of applying early, but we are going for it. If things don't work out, we've done most of the work, early application process should be very simple: we already know the process; just need to rewrite/rework essays. But I personally would rather at least try this cycle.
(I am also applying with fee waivers - paying might have made a difference).

Who is nay-saying anything?

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:10 am

rso11 wrote:I haven't applied yet either--good to know there are others!

Anybody know how long it takes for LSAC to get stuff to the law schools? I'm anticipating sending an addendum to my schools to explain a gap in my LSAT scores (at least, I need one and am hoping to God and all things good for one) but I'm leery of just sending it along with my file in case, you know, disaster strikes and I don't get that jump.

What do you mean? You haven't applied yet? Then as soon as you get your score, attach an addendum to your application.. If you want to send in your app before your score, then just email the addendum to admissions

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:24 am

Still have to write the PS, waiting for the Dec score, waiting for my Prof, who said there would be no problem sending the LOR on its way before graduation, to just get back from me when I just asked how things were going five days ago (I graduated 9 days ago). Hoping to send apps at least by Jan 10.
Last edited by 2011Law on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

rso11

Postby rso11 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:25 am

thecilent wrote:
rso11 wrote:I haven't applied yet either--good to know there are others!

What do you mean? You haven't applied yet? Then as soon as you get your score, attach an addendum to your application.. If you want to send in your app before your score, then just email the addendum to admissions

I can just email the addendum directly and don't have to go through LSAC?

hokie

Postby hokie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:34 am

checking in here as well. Finished with pretty much everything except my PS. I also plan on sending out my apps before my Dec score comes out. Anybody know when the admissions offices' close this week [or if they're already closed]?

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:37 am

2011Law wrote:Still have to write the PS, waiting for the Dec score, waiting for my Prof, who said there would be no problem sending the LOR on its way before graduation, to just get back from me when I just asked how things were going five days ago (I graduated 9 days ago). Hoping to send apps at least by Jan 10.

hope your a great and very efficient writer. I spent two months on my PS.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:44 am

mrwarre85 wrote:
2011Law wrote:Still have to write the PS, waiting for the Dec score, waiting for my Prof, who said there would be no problem sending the LOR on its way before graduation, to just get back from me when I just asked how things were going five days ago (I graduated 9 days ago). Hoping to send apps at least by Jan 10.

what an encouraging words lol

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:53 am

Miracle wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:

what an encouraging words lol

Right? Great enough to spot that typo anyway. I'm not that efficient or especially skilled at writing things like a PS, but I have nothing else to do, so I think I'll do a good enough job that it won't hurt me.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:05 am

mrwarre85 wrote:

Someone on here wrote their PS in a weekend. It can be done.
I spent about a month on mine. Two topics. About 15 drafts lol.

I have not yet submitted to about 4-5 schools. But I have submitted to my top choices.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:08 am

JJDancer wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:

I have not yet submitted to about 4-5 schools. But I have submitted to my top choices.

It took me a month to write "why x essay"!

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:10 am

Miracle wrote:
JJDancer wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:

It took me a month to write "why x essay"!

Somehow I managed that in a day/weekend! (Luckily)! I think it's because I had a really clear idea of what I was interested in at the school, how my background could contribute, and how it fit in with my goals. :)

Ship87

Postby Ship87 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:14 am

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ship87

Literally applied to 6 schools tonight, and I'm finishing my Why Penn/Why Michigan essays before I send it to those schools. I'm also thinking about writing a Why GW essay just to see, in case they offer me money.

I don't think we're late; I was worried about this earlier and the broad consensus was that we're on time. Better to make sure your packet is nice and neat than to apply early if you would be unprepared. As for the talk about the PS taking a while: Yeah, it does, but try to send your best work and not your earliest work.

Now I'm excited/nervous about decisions!!!

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:15 am

My head started turning. I'm trying to finish up three more by tonight, but it's not going over so well. I've been working on them for a month as well. Sometimes even though I know what I would like to say i don't know how to put it down on paper.

How long were yours? Mine are bit longer than half of page (single spaced).

isaiahnielsen

Postby isaiahnielsen » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:39 am

I haven't applied yet...also waiting on on December LSAT score...I, however, am only applying to three schools this cycle, two of which do not have application fees, just as sort of a feeder in to the system. I already have my plan B if not accepted anywhere for next fall. I did start writing all of my letters tonight, though, which seems to be a pretty long process. I would recommend getting everything in the app complete before your LSAT score arrives, so that once it does, you can send those puppies off.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:47 am

I still have 6 schools who I have yet to apply to. They are ready to go, but I dont have the $$ to ship them off. At this point, Im not too stressed about it. I have them out of the door soon.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:56 am

thecilent wrote:I haven't submitted to Penn yet (damn mandatory extra essay), if that makes you feel any better. There are still a lot of people who haven't submitted, but probably not too many on this site.. look at the nature of this site

Whhhaaaatttttttttt?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:57 am

I went for the interview at NU in Sept. Did not feel like writing the essays, and could not find the appropriate person to fill out the CPE. I still don't know if I will apply. Too late for the AJD anyway.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:I went for the interview at NU in Sept. Did not feel like writing the essays, and could not find the appropriate person to fill out the CPE. I still don't know if I will apply. Too late for the AJD anyway.

Plus that's too cold for you :lol:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”