Common Information Form

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FiveSermon

Common Information Form

Postby FiveSermon » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:27 am

I am a naturalized U.S citizen. The common for asks for information such as state and city of birth...but after I checked "United States Citizen", the only states it gives me are American states or nearby ones...

What should I do?

kazu

Re: Common Information Form

Postby kazu » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:59 am

FiveSermon wrote:I am a naturalized U.S citizen. The common for asks for information such as state and city of birth...but after I checked "United States Citizen", the only states it gives me are American states or nearby ones...

What should I do?

The common information form doesn't matter - it doesn't get sent to the schools, it's just meant as an aid by LSAC to help you save time on the actual apps. (However, I ended up having to retype a lot of the automatically filled-in boxes anyhow, so IMHO the common form is just a waste of time.)

See if you have the same problem with the schools' individual apps. If you do, I'd suggest emailing or calling the school about it and asking what to do. They'll probably ask you to submit an addendum or email them w/ the correct info, etc.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”