off topic... 'A Lawyer Walks into a Bar...' documentary

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
capnb

off topic... 'A Lawyer Walks into a Bar...' documentary

Postby capnb » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:03 am

I just found this documentary "A Lawyer Walks Into A Bar..." on netflix for ps3...about current law schools getting ready for the bar exam. Has anybody seen it?

ya sorry about writing layer instead of lawyer
Last edited by capnb on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

jgloster

Re: off topic... 'A Layer Walks into a Bar...' documentary

Postby jgloster » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:07 am

capnb wrote:off topic... 'A Layer Walks into a Bar...' documentary
I FUKIN LOVE LAYERS

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:08 am

capnb wrote:I just found this documentary "A Lawyer Walks Into A Bar..." on netflix for ps3...about current law schools getting ready for the bar exam. Has anybody seen it?

Yes. There was a thread on it a while back, but I can't seem to find it. Go watch it.

langdonbadger

Postby langdonbadger » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:10 am

capnb wrote:I just found this documentary "A Lawyer Walks Into A Bar..." on netflix for ps3...about current law schools getting ready for the bar exam. Has anybody seen it?

Yeah... i didn't like it that much, they spend way too much time talking to people who have failed the bar and are nervous they will fail it again. They picked california for the setting so that they could have a state with a really crappy/difficult bar passage rate.

On the other hand, there were some interesting spots; the interviews with successful lawyers were interesting, and it was hilarious when the Bar tutor shows up to this guy's house in a Ferrari.

capnb

Re: off topic... 'A Lawyer Walks into a Bar...' documentary

Postby capnb » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:45 am

Yeah some of those people were depressing- like the guy that took it 40+ times and the lady who couldn't sit because she didn't have enough hours per unit or w/e. She could have probably just gone to another state though.

I was thinking California might have a low pass rate (less than 40%) because of the large hispanic population who speak english as a second language.

Lawquacious

Re: off topic... 'A Lawyer Walks into a Bar...' documentary

Postby Lawquacious » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:54 am

I saw it and def thought it was worth the time.. Some pretty funny stuff in there..

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”