.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
meno22
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:51 am

.

Postby meno22 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:57 pm

.
Last edited by meno22 on Thu May 12, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
icouldbuyu
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: 167/3.93, chances in bottom half of T10?

Postby icouldbuyu » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:06 pm

meno22 wrote:167/3.93, solid softs (grad degree; Americorps).

I've already submitted apps (complete everywhere in mid Nov.), but have yet to hear from the 5 highest ranked schools I applied to: Berkeley, Penn, Mich., UVA, Duke.

At this point, what do you think my chances are at these 5? (I didn't ED anywhere, but am still considering sending in the ED agreement to UVA).

Thanks.


We have similar numbers. I was able to get into UVA via ED, but I wrote a strong personal statement, which helped the adcomms look beyond my #'s. If you are able to do the same, you have a decent shot. Truthfully, you should've applied earlier in the cycle for a better shot. Is delaying by one year an option? I'd submit an ED app to UVA September 1st if I were you. This will give you a better shot, and you would still have time to perfect your PS.

EDIT: I'd delay my attendance and submit an ED app September 1st if you're turned down by the above schools this cycle. T10 is deff achievable, so I think its worth the wait if you don't get in this cycle.

User avatar
meno22
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:51 am

.

Postby meno22 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:18 pm

.
Last edited by meno22 on Thu May 12, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DieAntwoord
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Re: 167/3.93, chances in bottom half of T10?

Postby DieAntwoord » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:22 pm

If you are going to wait a year then retake. And I would not ed to UVA if you get 169+.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: 167/3.93, chances in bottom half of T10?

Postby arism87 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:27 pm

I think you have at least a decent shot at any of these. Since you went complete mid-November it hasn't been that long-- you may be waiting awhile longer but I think you'll get some good news.

Eta: If UVA is your first choice, I'd send the ED form. I don't know that you're looking at much money from any of these. Otherwise, I wouldn't.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CHyde, hogscienceavatarlost, incognito_mode13, lawcapture, Mr. Bubbles, ponderingmeerkat and 11 guests