Taking the LSAT in Feb, applying Fall 2011, how screwed am I

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
interiorcrocodile

Taking the LSAT in Feb, applying Fall 2011, how screwed am I

Postby interiorcrocodile » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:14 pm

This is kind of a crazy question.

I want to apply to law school this year and I've not yet taken the LSAT. I gather I can't apply before taking the test. Next test is February 4, 2010, and results will probably come back around February 24, 2010. This is past the deadline for most schools, added to the fact that admission is really competitive by this time of year. UVA is the only t-14 that'd still be taking apps.

How screwed am I?

I'll score in the low 170s on the LSAT, but I know TLS doesn't like playing the guessing game without a firm LSAT score in hand, which I don't have. 3.76 GPA from a non-HYP Ivy. Recent graduate, mid-20s. Took a few years off in the midst of school to take care of a sick relative and work. Competitive work experience, nice softs/LORs.

I really just want to be in law school already, but I put off taking the LSAT so I could focus on my huge unit load and thesis this semester.

What can I do that doesn't involve me waiting another year to apply? Is all this info correct? In the off chance I'm royally screwed, WTH can I do with this free year and a half? The job market is all bad.

adamtx11

Re: Taking the LSAT in Feb, applying Fall 2011, how screwed am I

Postby adamtx11 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:24 pm

I'd say just get a jump on the next cycle.

Pleasye

Re: Taking the LSAT in Feb, applying Fall 2011, how screwed am I

Postby Pleasye » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:21 pm

The February LSAT is on the 12th not the 4th. You can attempt to apply but you are not putting yourself in a good position. Find something to do for a year off and apply day 1 of next cycle. Work, travel, volunteer, etc.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”