LOR advice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tmc07d

LOR advice

Postby tmc07d » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:11 pm

I still need 1 more LOR and I need some help. I have three options basically in the people I can choose from. One is a circuit judge that I've known for years BUT he is a family friend and cannot possibly comment on anything academic related or work related. Second is another judge that I only know from a class I took with him. Third would be my employer at the job I currently work at. Which one of these would be the best route to take if I were to choose one of them.

NZA

Re: LOR advice

Postby NZA » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:12 pm

tmc07d wrote:I still need 1 more LOR and I need some help. I have three options basically in the people I can choose from. One is a circuit judge that I've known for years BUT he is a family friend and cannot possibly comment on anything academic related or work related. Second is another judge that I only know from a class I took with him. Third would be my employer at the job I currently work at. Which one of these would be the best route to take if I were to choose one of them.

Judge 2.

Maybe the third option, depending on how long you've been out of school.

Judge 1 is the wrong choice.

dextermorgan

Re: LOR advice

Postby dextermorgan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:26 pm

2 or 3. Judge doesn't mean shit, but professor might. How long have you been out of school?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”