Updated Transcript Through LSAC

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
calilaw

Updated Transcript Through LSAC

Postby calilaw » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:10 pm

One of the schools I applied to (out of 15) wants a copy of my fall grades. If I send it through LSAC, every school I applied to will get updated copies, correct? Is there any downside to doing it that way (sending new documents to schools which haven't asked for them, and are in the middle of reviewing my application), or should I avoid LSAC and try to give the transcript only to the school which requested it? My gpa has gone up, so I'm not worried about anyone seeing the grades. I just don't want to send something they don't want or need at this point.

pwyoung

Re: Updated Transcript Through LSAC

Postby pwyoung » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Well, if your grades went up, they're certainly not going to be upset about it. It's not like they're sitting with your file in review ready to say "oh god, an updated transcript! we don't need this shit! deny!" Just send it.

calilaw

Postby calilaw » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:47 pm

pwyoung wrote:Well, if your grades went up, they're certainly not going to be upset about it. It's not like they're sitting with your file in review ready to say "oh god, an updated transcript! we don't need this shit! deny!" Just send it.

haha. I wasn't too worried. Just wanted to make sure, wouldn't want my application to be disrupted/delayed or whatever if it's in the middle of being reviewed. I'll send it, thanks for the response.

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:50 pm

calilaw wrote:
pwyoung wrote:Well, if your grades went up, they're certainly not going to be upset about it. It's not like they're sitting with your file in review ready to say "oh god, an updated transcript! we don't need this shit! deny!" Just send it.

haha. I wasn't too worried. Just wanted to make sure, wouldn't want my application to be disrupted/delayed or whatever if it's in the middle of being reviewed. I'll send it, thanks for the response.

"in review" doesn't exactly mean they have it in their hands right then.. how long do you think they really take to look at each of the thousands of apps? If the gpa went up send it in

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”