Sending a "Why XX" letter after the fact

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
DeeCee

Sending a "Why XX" letter after the fact

Postby DeeCee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes-- what do you think about sending a "Why XX school" letter after your app is already in? Should this only be done if you are waitlisted, or is it OK to write one and send it anytime before a decision is made? Or, does it just look desperate all the way around?

Thanks!

DeeCee

Re: Sending a "Why XX" letter after the fact

Postby DeeCee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:44 pm

Any ideas.............?

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:45 pm

If you're waitlisted, send it then. Sending it now comes off as unorganized and indecisive.

Edit: Thank you sophie for giving advice completely contrary to mine. :lol:
Last edited by gdane on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:46 pm

DCLaw11 wrote:Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes-- what do you think about sending a "Why XX school" letter after your app is already in? Should this only be done if you are waitlisted, or is it OK to write one and send it anytime before a decision is made? Or, does it just look desperate all the way around?

Thanks!

yea people send them in after the fact all the time
do it
it usually helps

save an extra LOR for later not a why x essay

jfb

Postby jfb » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:48 pm

DCLaw11 wrote:Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes-- what do you think about sending a "Why XX school" letter after your app is already in? Should this only be done if you are waitlisted, or is it OK to write one and send it anytime before a decision is made? Or, does it just look desperate all the way around?

Thanks!

Can you do a campus tour? My thinking is that touring and then adding that into an after the fact why x would b a good way to do it. I think that it would get rid of the unorganized appearance that gdane pointed out. Just a thought.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:50 pm

I did it and people seemed to receive it well. I haven't seen the fruits of that yet, but hopefully I'll know soon.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:19 pm

jfb wrote:

Thanks!

Can you do a campus tour? My thinking is that touring and then adding that into an after the fact why x would b a good way to do it. I think that it would get rid of the unorganized appearance that gdane pointed out. Just a thought.

I like this idea. Unfortunately I really can't go to DC right now, but I really want to go visit the campuses there, hopefully I can when class is in session. If anyone knows a cheap way to visit DC let me know, I'll be driving there when I do go.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”