Signing applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
neyaae

Signing applications

Postby neyaae » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:12 am

UM's application won't let me "sign" it by typing. It says underneath that "you may elect to submit the application and pay the fee electronically or you may print, sign, and enclose the fee with the Certification Letter, and mail it directly to the law school." I find this confusing, since above it says "By signing the Certification Letter, or certifying electronically..." Does that mean that certifying electronically occurs at check-out? There's no way I would have to scan the thing and upload it, right?

SupraVln180

Re: Signing applications

Postby SupraVln180 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:19 am

It's an E-Signature, just leave it blank. By submitting the app electronically, it counts as you signing it. It says this in the fine print on the LSAC website.

Knock

Re: Signing applications

Postby Knock » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:31 am

SupraVln180 wrote:It's an E-Signature, just leave it blank. By submitting the app electronically, it counts as you signing it. It says this in the fine print on the LSAC website.

I believe it's actually the checkbox it makes you check before finishing submitted that counts as your electronic signature. You must check it to finally submit, so don't worry about it, you can't miss it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”