Requesting Transcripts

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
2011Law

Requesting Transcripts

Postby 2011Law » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 pm

So I requested my transcripts for a university that I attended for one class during summer. It was done completely online. Then I went to request my transcripts from my home university and they told me that I was supposed to have a form from CAS to go along with it. So I bought CAS and what not and now have the printed out form. I am going tomorrow to request the transcript from my home university. Do I need to call the summer institution and fax them the CAS form to send along with those transcripts as well? This shit is so annoying.

Also, I graduated this term. I already have my grades for this term, but they say the 'statement of degree' won't appear on my transcripts until Jan 6. Do you think I should wait until then to apply? I'm leaning toward no, but I'm not sure if law schools would like to see that I am done and that what I have will stay.

gdane

Re: Requesting Transcripts

Postby gdane » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Print out the form and hand that in to your registrar (or whoever handles transcripts at your home uni). Send it/fax it to the place you took the online course at.

Send the final/updated transcript if you think theres going to be a large positive increase in grades. If you dont think your final semester grades are going to give you a huge boost, send your transcripts now. We're talking about roughly a months difference that youd lose by not sending them now.

Good luck!

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:41 pm

gdane5 wrote:Print out the form and hand that in to your registrar (or whoever handles transcripts at your home uni). Send it/fax it to the place you took the online course at.

Send the final/updated transcript if you think theres going to be a large positive increase in grades. If you dont think your final semester grades are going to give you a huge boost, send your transcripts now. We're talking about roughly a months difference that youd lose by not sending them now.

Good luck!

Thanks, though I meant to say the transcript request process done at the summer university was completely online, the class met in person. As for the final semester grades, I think they would be included if I sent now (and it would boost my lsdas gpa from 3.31 to 3.37), but my transcripts would for some dumb reason not indicate that I had yet graduated.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:41 am

2011Law wrote:So I requested my transcripts for a university that I attended for one class during summer. It was done completely online. Then I went to request my transcripts from my home university and they told me that I was supposed to have a form from CAS to go along with it. So I bought CAS and what not and now have the printed out form. I am going tomorrow to request the transcript from my home university. Do I need to call the summer institution and fax them the CAS form to send along with those transcripts as well? This shit is so annoying.

Also, I graduated this term. I already have my grades for this term, but they say the 'statement of degree' won't appear on my transcripts until Jan 6. Do you think I should wait until then to apply? I'm leaning toward no, but I'm not sure if law schools would like to see that I am done and that what I have will stay.

Yes, you need the "request for transcript form" from LSAC.org for every school you are sending a transcript to LSAC (which should be any institution where you took a college class). Even if you are requesting a transcript from a school that you attended for just one online class during summer. I just mailed the request for transcript forms, but if you are able to fax it successfully that might be quicker.

No, it isn't necessary to have your transcript indicate that you've graduated yet, and won't have any impact on your applications. You'll need to provide an official transcript that indicates graduated when you matriculate to a school, but you have plenty of time to take care of that down the road. Don't wait.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”