Submitting Fall Grades

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ghost

Submitting Fall Grades

Postby Ghost » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

T6Hopeful

Re: Submitting Fall Grades

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:24 am

Kili wrote:I'm sure this has been answered, but I can't find it in the search. So flame away if that bothers you.

To submit fall grades do we send our transcript to the specific schools or is it enough to send it to LSAC and then notify the school that your transcript is updated.

The only reason I ask is my school charges fees for each transcript.

Well if you're specifically talking about the Columbia one, in the email it said to send it directly to them. Schools that ask for them SHOULD specify them, and if not I'm sure you can call. Otherwise, if your grades go up I'd send one out to LSAC as well.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:27 am

I agree with above poster, Penn says send one directly to them as soon as available as well as one to LSAC in the email they sent me. If you are just updating without being requested, than just send one to LSAC

On another note, If a school requests fall grades should I send something in with them like an additional essay or LOR or something? It doesn't say to submit anything else or even suggest it in the email.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:36 am

Mike12188 wrote:I agree with above poster, Penn says send one directly to them as soon as available as well as one to LSAC in the email they sent me. If you are just updating without being requested, than just send one to LSAC

On another note, If a school requests fall grades should I send something in with them like an additional essay or LOR or something? It doesn't say to submit anything else or even suggest it in the email.

I don't think so. I feel like if they're only asking for fall grades, they're pretty much concentrating on the numbers portion of your application. This is not to say that it's only numbers that matter, but that your numbers are, in their eyes, the most prominent issue. I'd save an additional essay or LOR if you got waitlisted AFTER that. Otherwise, you're a) out of ammo and b) holding up your application when they didn't even hint at a WL yet. At least for CLS, not sure for Penn, requesting fall grades is supposed to be a good sign of their interest in you.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:38 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:I agree with above poster, Penn says send one directly to them as soon as available as well as one to LSAC in the email they sent me. If you are just updating without being requested, than just send one to LSAC

I don't think so. I feel like if they're only asking for fall grades, they're pretty much concentrating on the numbers portion of your application. This is not to say that it's only numbers that matter, but that your numbers are, in their eyes, the most prominent issue. I'd save an additional essay or LOR if you got waitlisted AFTER that. Otherwise, you're a) out of ammo and b) holding up your application when they didn't even hint at a WL yet. At least for CLS, not sure for Penn, requesting fall grades is supposed to be a good sign of their interest in you.

Good points. Thanks.

From what I found on this board from last year applicants, quite a few who were asked for grades from Penn were admitted. I kind of wish I paid more attention in class this semester. I have a final in 7 hours and have never been more nervous lol.

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:45 am

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”