Multiple minor consumptions? Fatal wound?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Opyth

Multiple minor consumptions? Fatal wound?

Postby Opyth » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:33 pm

Four years ago I went to a state college that was notorious for large parties and drinking. As the title suggests, I recieved three of them in a year and a half span. On the final consumption ticket I was placed in detox. Anyways, after life evaluations and long discussions with my parents, oh the fun, I decided to move home, leave the town and everyone I knew, and transfered schools. I have had a minor increase in GPA 3.17 to 3.41 since transferring and no subsequent violations of any sort. I plan on writing an addendum.

Will this look terrible on my application?

gtjackets530

Re: Multiple minor consumptions? Fatal wound?

Postby gtjackets530 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Basically turn this post into a well-written addendum and I don't think it'll hurt you at all.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:47 am

gtjackets530 wrote:Basically turn this post into a well-written addendum and I don't think it'll hurt you at all.

Agreed. Keep it short, direct and stick to the facts. Make sure to point out that there have been no more problems since your transfer.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:29 am

Multiple alcohol issues? O hai.

This is far from a "fatal wound." Word your situation briefly and truthfully in an addendum. Don't make excuses, it is much more important to be forthcoming with your previous mistakes than to find blame. You are far from the first person to be caught underage drinking or make mistakes; don't dwell on this too severely. Put an air-tight addendum together and focus on strengthening the rest of your application.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:50 am

Last edited by JenDarby on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Opyth

Postby Opyth » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:38 am

Thankyou for the responses! I was worried about it and it's nice to know it wont hold me (terribly) back.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”