last 1-2 schools..HELP DECIDE. UVA, Georgetown, U Penn, or..

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
chrissyc
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: last 1-2 schools..HELP DECIDE. UVA, Georgetown, U Penn, or..

Postby chrissyc » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:52 am

So..I've applied to...
nyu
duke
penn
nw
uva
harvard
yale
berkeley
chicago
uf--boyfriend went to uf and i live in florida (safe school)
iowa--fee waiver (safe school--maybe $$)

waiting for my score on december's lsat for stanford since the date is less important.

Waiting to here back for a fee waiver from Cornell and Columbia. I hope I get one. I've spent so much money that I DO NOT have :(

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: last 1-2 schools..HELP DECIDE. UVA, Georgetown, U Penn, or..

Postby ahduth » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:27 pm

chrissyc wrote:I've spent so much money that I DO NOT have :(


If you don't have the money, get a need-based fee waiver.

User avatar
chrissyc
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: last 1-2 schools..HELP DECIDE. UVA, Georgetown, U Penn, or..

Postby chrissyc » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:54 pm

ahduth wrote:
chrissyc wrote:I've spent so much money that I DO NOT have :(


If you don't have the money, get a need-based fee waiver.


I got a few fee waivers. So now i've applied to the entire t14 - cornell, columbia, stanford, and georgetown. I was going to apply to columbia and cornell but i want to see if they give me a fee waiver first. I'm applying to 1 of the 2 by Tuesday. Then I will wait. That will be 11 of the 14, plus Iowa and UF. I should get in somewhere with money i'd hope.

User avatar
glewz
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: last 1-2 schools..HELP DECIDE. UVA, Georgetown, U Penn, or..

Postby glewz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:17 pm

Hmm I'd apply to some rank 15ish schools too just to be safe. A 162 can be a deal breaker even with urm

that said I agree with some other posters that applying to All those schools may not be necessary. If you have good softs, a 165 can even put you in top 6. You should be just fine

User avatar
chrissyc
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: last 1-2 schools..HELP DECIDE. UVA, Georgetown, U Penn, or..

Postby chrissyc » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:20 pm

glewz wrote:Hmm I'd apply to some rank 15ish schools too just to be safe. A 162 can be a deal breaker even with urm

that said I agree with some other posters that applying to All those schools may not be necessary. If you have good softs, a 165 can even put you in top 6. You should be just fine


Yeah that's true. Hmmm....I wonder when UCLAs deadline is. I did undergrad there, maybe I will apply. I did apply to UF just in case I don't get in to the T14 and Iowa so I'd guess I'm going SOMEWHERE. still a little nervous about it though. I'm hoping I did actually break the 160s...I FEEL like i did but you never know.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kpadoreo, Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest