U Wash - Suppliment/Update

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Xnegd

U Wash - Suppliment/Update

Postby Xnegd » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Was thinking of writing a status update essay for my U. Washington application. Am currently in review, and was just going to let them know that I'm still confident, eager to attend, and am currently fairing very well in grad school.

Good idea or bad idea for this school? In person the Dean seamed super chill and responded well to my enthusiasm; however, on paper their strict 700 word P.S. limit, and lack of info provided about sending Diversity Statement and Addendum makes them seam as though they would not appreciate a supplemental essay.

My gut says to take the risk; however, my mind says be wary. Any advice from people who got in or just all around might have a good idea about this?

My numbers are slightly below their Median - and I've lived in WA for a short while, but moved abroad so will probably not be considered in state.

krad

Re: U Wash - Suppliment/Update

Postby krad » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:36 pm

FWIW I submitted a very short Why UW addendum with my app, even thought they didn't explicitly say one way or the other...

I'm not sure how this would be received after submission/pre-decision, though.

Xnegd

Postby Xnegd » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:50 pm

krad wrote:FWIW I submitted a very short Why UW addendum with my app, even thought they didn't explicitly say one way or the other...

I'm not sure how this would be received after submission/pre-decision, though.

Thanks!

krad

Postby krad » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:56 pm

PM'd ya

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”