How should I play the app game? December Test Taker.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iWayneState

How should I play the app game? December Test Taker.

Postby iWayneState » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:43 pm

I will make this quick. I took in October and got a bit lower score than expected. Retook in December and I feel I improved. I sent some apps out with October score but held some for the new Dec score. Should I wait until I get my Dec score before I send them out? Should I send them now and add an attachment saying I retook in December and please hold until you get the new score?

All help appreciated.

cbq

Re: How should I play the app game? December Test Taker.

Postby cbq » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:19 pm

this looks like what i will have to do. i just took in dec for the first time. i will take a testmasters class in jan for the feb exam..

iWayneState

Postby iWayneState » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:20 pm

cbq wrote:this looks like what i will have to do. i just took in dec for the first time. i will take a testmasters class in jan for the feb exam..

Yes, any thoughts on it? Do schools allow it?

iWayneState

Postby iWayneState » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Just for the record. I took the LSAT in October and scored a 160 which was lower than expected. My apps are ready to go and I can send all apps immediately. Should I send my apps in now? Hold until Jan? Write addendum asking to hold until new score is in?

ATR

Postby ATR » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Ask the schools to which you intend to apply whether they will hold your application until the new score comes in.

If they will, go ahead and submit, then immediately email/call the admissions office to ensure they follow through with your request.

If they won't, wait until you receive your score, then submit immediately.

pbutta123

Postby pbutta123 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:18 pm

Agreed^
+Many applications have a box to check if you plan on taking a future LSAT date. Then they hold onto your app until they receive that LSAT score. LSAC automatically updates them.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”