Application questions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sanctvm

New

Application questions

Post by sanctvm » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Are LOR good for multiple cycles?

As for the PS/diversity/addendum's - are they good for multiple cycles as well? Or would it be wise to rewrite if I apply to a school that I didn't get into previous.

NZA

Silver

Re: Application questions

Post by NZA » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:08 pm

sanctvm wrote:Are LOR good for multiple cycles?

As for the PS/diversity/addendum's - are they good for multiple cycles as well? Or would it be wise to rewrite if I apply to a school that I didn't get into previous.
1) I think so, like, if they are within a year or so of you receiving them. I think using LORs obtained 2 or more cycles ago, though, is pushing it, unless they are from someone that still knows you well (like an employer or something).

2) Rewrite most definitely. If they didn't let you in the first time with the original PS, why would they admit you the second time with the same one? :) I would rewrite.

As a matter of fact, I did rewrite, since this is my second cycle.

sanctvm

New

Re: Application questions

Post by sanctvm » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:11 am

NZA wrote:
sanctvm wrote:Are LOR good for multiple cycles?

1) I think so, like, if they are within a year or so of you receiving them. I think using LORs obtained 2 or more cycles ago, though, is pushing it, unless they are from someone that still knows you well (like an employer or something).

2) Rewrite most definitely. If they didn't let you in the first time with the original PS, why would they admit you the second time with the same one? :) I would rewrite.

As a matter of fact, I did rewrite, since this is my second cycle.

Thank you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”