LSAC corrupted my resume

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
christinalsat

LSAC corrupted my resume

Postby christinalsat » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:10 pm

So today when I was doing applications on a PC for the first time (I usually use a mac) I noticed that lsac corrupted my resume in a bunch of applications I have already sent out. I didn't notice it when I viewed the PDF on my computer, but when I printed an application I already submitted today I saw that LSAC made the font really really small. My resume looks ugly and it's also hard to read. Should I send schools an updated resume or is it not worth it?

Unfortunately I'm just working on safety schools now so the ugly, hard-to-read resume was sent to all of my top schools.

Lwoods

Re: LSAC corrupted my resume

Postby Lwoods » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:12 pm

Yes; send an updated resume to those schools.

gdane

Postby gdane » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Is there anything on the resume thats of value?

If you have a bunch of "regular" jobs then dont bother. If you have impressive work experience, then notify them that you would like to resend them a copy of your resume since LSAC messed it up.

Really though, unless there's really really impressive stuff on there dont bother because it wont be a game changer.

Good luck!

christinalsat

Postby christinalsat » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Yeah, I've been out of school for five years so my resume is very strong. How do I send an update? Do I just email the admissions addresses listed on each of the law school's websites?

QuailMan

Postby QuailMan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Retake

/s

Some schools may require you to mail it snail mail, others will accept by e-mail. You'll probably have to check individually, sorry, sounds like a messed up situation.

gdane

Postby gdane » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:47 pm

christinalsat wrote:Yeah, I've been out of school for five years so my resume is very strong. How do I send an update? Do I just email the admissions addresses listed on each of the law school's websites?

Contact the schools directly. Call the admissions office. Let them know that its come to your attention that LSAC did not properly convert your resume and that you would like to send the school a corrected copy. They may let you fax it or send it to them by email.

Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”