New Letters of Rec

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bernadette1

New Letters of Rec

Postby bernadette1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:10 pm

So i asked for three LORs for my applications this cycle (two profs; one work). Well I only recieved two (one prof and the work one) by december 1st which is when i submitted my apps. But the second prof just sent in the letter today. Is it too late to send the last letter in as well?

and would it delay my decisions? almost all of my files for the schools are complete.

St.Remy

Re: New Letters of Rec

Postby St.Remy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 pm

bernadette1 wrote:So i asked for three LORs for my applications this cycle (two profs; one work). Well I only recieved two (one prof and the work one) by december 1st which is when i submitted my apps. But the second prof just sent in the letter today. Is it too late to send the last letter in as well?

and would it delay my decisions? almost all of my files for the schools are complete.

If you only submitted applications two weeks ago then chances are they haven't even been looked at yet (files can go "complete" without anyone reading a word of them). I would send in the additional letter now, since schools like to see two academic recommendations, and I expect that your decisions will not be at all delayed.

QuailMan

Postby QuailMan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:42 pm

I was in the exact same situation, only about a month or so ago. I just assigned the letter to all my schools, even the ones that were already complete or under review and a few days later all my status checkers updated with that prof's name. So far the timing for my cycle (considering acceptances and status checking movement in general) have moved just as you would expect based on the date I originally submitted.

bernadette1

Postby bernadette1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:45 pm

great! i just updated and assigned the letters to the schools.

Thanks for the help!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”