Should I apply to more safeties?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
b_a_b

Should I apply to more safeties?

Postby b_a_b » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:01 pm

I've been reading this board throughout the application process but have not posted much yet. I'm applying to a ton of T20 schools plus William and Mary and Fordham. With a 3.77 and a 170, I'm getting worried that I should apply to more lower ranked schools. Thoughts? Also I guess it's good to keep in mind that due to an MIA letter of recommendation I did not get to apply too early in the process and will be submitting the last of my applications this week. Thanks!

kazu

Re: Should I apply to more safeties?

Postby kazu » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:05 pm

With those #s, I'd think MVP for targets, DCNG for safeties, and CCN for reaches. Maybe a couple more in the T20 for safeties but I wouldn't think you'd need to apply to more unless you're looking for substantial scholarships only.

Zarathustraspoke

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:06 pm

I think you will be fine. But, for nerve's sake you can always email some 20-30 schools with your stats and they will be more than happy to give you a fee waiver.

El_Gallo

Postby El_Gallo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:07 pm

You'll be fine. If for some reason you don't get some T14s to bite, I would definitely hold off for a year.

b_a_b

Postby b_a_b » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Thanks! I'm probably worrying too much. That's a good suggestion- I think may check my emails for fee waivers and apply to some others just to calm my nerves.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”