Apply now or wait until retake score comes in?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sandro

Apply now or wait until retake score comes in?

Postby Sandro » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 pm

I've sent apps to most of my schools on my list and I'm semi-competitive for most of my top choices. Another 1-2-3 points on Dec would be awesome.

I have some other schools I'm looking at but I really need the extra 1-2 points to be competitive there. Would I be better off just waiting until 1st week of Jan to send my apps to them so I can avoid wasting hundreds of dollars in fees should I not improve my score? Or is the extra 2 weeks of having my apps complete worth the risk/money?

northwood

Re: Apply now or wait until retake score comes in?

Postby northwood » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:55 pm

can you make 2 lists. apply to half now, and half later if you like your score. That way youd save some money if you arent happy wiht the score, but would be complete earlier if you do like it.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:24 pm

northwood wrote:can you make 2 lists. apply to half now, and half later if you like your score. That way youd save some money if you arent happy wiht the score, but would be complete earlier if you do like it.

Almost exactly what I decided to do. Sent 9 apps in today, no school where I think I would risk getting flat out rejected. I probably will cave in and send in an app or two to schools where 1-2 points would help me and hold off on the 3 pointers until Dec scores.

glewz

Postby glewz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:32 pm

Schools have different policies on this - call in to figure it out.

If you're not gonna do that, just send half and half as a previous poster recommended.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:11 pm

glewz wrote:Schools have different policies on this - call in to figure it out.

If you're not gonna do that, just send half and half as a previous poster recommended.

I wasn't asking if schools will hold my app. I was asking if the extra 2 weeks would help by being able to be complete on Jan3rd or whenever, as opposed to having to wait 1-2 weeks to go complete if I submitted after Dec scores come out.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”