Should I add more schools?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
DieAntwoord
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Should I add more schools?

Postby DieAntwoord » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:18 am

So, I sent the following out already:

Cornell
Minnesota
SMU
Alabama
Washington and Lee University
Georgetown University
Columbia
Washington University in St Louis
Virginia
Chicago
Michigan
Texas
Stanford
NYU
Harvard
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

It seems like a good list to me....

But tell me if i'm missing a school that would be a good fit for a 178/3.25 AA male

Thanks,

DieAntwoord
Last edited by DieAntwoord on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 am

Why not Cornell, too? Might as well with a 178 and URM, holy cow. Blanket the entire T20. LOL.

User avatar
DieAntwoord
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby DieAntwoord » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:51 am

OK, I just put cornell on my list and I LOVE Ithica...

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby 20160810 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:53 am

Is this a joke? If you're black with a 178 and a decent GPA, it seems insane to apply anywhere below Texas. I'd bet you're a lock for a full ride somewhere, or damn close to it. And for the love of God apply to Yale immediately!

User avatar
DieAntwoord
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby DieAntwoord » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:56 am

SBL wrote:Is this a joke? If you're black with a 178 and a decent GPA, it seems insane to apply anywhere below Texas. I'd bet you're a lock for a full ride somewhere, or damn close to it. And for the love of God apply to Yale immediately!

Yale did not accept anyone with a GPA below 3.4 last year.
This is not a joke...
My undergrad is not the greatest ranking wise and I retook the LSAT.

overunderachiever
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby overunderachiever » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:13 am

SBL wrote:Is this a joke? If you're black with a 178 and a decent GPA, it seems insane to apply anywhere below Texas. I'd bet you're a lock for a full ride somewhere, or damn close to it. And for the love of God apply to Yale immediately!

^This!

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby 20160810 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:19 am

DieAntwoord wrote:
SBL wrote:Is this a joke? If you're black with a 178 and a decent GPA, it seems insane to apply anywhere below Texas. I'd bet you're a lock for a full ride somewhere, or damn close to it. And for the love of God apply to Yale immediately!

Yale did not accept anyone with a GPA below 3.4 last year.
This is not a joke...
My undergrad is not the greatest ranking wise and I retook the LSAT.

Dude there are about 5 other African-Americans on the planet with your LSAT score applying to law school this year. Your GPA might not be great, but seriously you need to apply to Yale. Worst case scenario, you get into Harvard and don't miss the $80 anyhow. I'm serious, you don't seem to realize what a competitive candidate you are.

User avatar
things fall apart
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:39 am

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby things fall apart » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:22 pm

My question to you is why do you like Die Antwoord so much? I mean someone put me on them almost a year ago and I've seen them live, but username and avatar? Trashy and alternative is nothing new, I guess being SA recycles that image?

:lol:

But anyway list looks solid, I'd say craft your T25 wishlist and buck up on the fees. There is no reason to apply below T20 if you are(and looks to be so) going on ranking and recognition.

User avatar
DieAntwoord
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby DieAntwoord » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:05 am

things fall apart wrote:My question to you is why do you like Die Antwoord so much? I mean someone put me on them almost a year ago and I've seen them live, but username and avatar? Trashy and alternative is nothing new, I guess being SA recycles that image?

:lol:

But anyway list looks solid, I'd say craft your T25 wishlist and buck up on the fees. There is no reason to apply below T20 if you are(and looks to be so) going on ranking and recognition.


I guess the problem is I dont take my username and avatar that seriously. 8)

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby sophia.olive » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Penn, Cornell

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby dextermorgan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Yale.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby ahduth » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:40 pm

SBL wrote:Is this a joke? If you're black with a 178 and a decent GPA, it seems insane to apply anywhere below Texas. I'd bet you're a lock for a full ride somewhere, or damn close to it. And for the love of God apply to Yale immediately!

User avatar
NorCalBruin
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby NorCalBruin » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Die Antwoord is the answer to everything.

User avatar
DieAntwoord
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby DieAntwoord » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:04 pm

DieAntwoord wrote:So, I sent the following out already:

Minnesota
SMU
Alabama
Washington and Lee University
Georgetown University
Columbia
Washington University in St Louis
Virginia
Chicago
Michigan
Texas
Stanford
NYU
Harvard
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

It seems like a good list to me....

But tell me if i'm missing a school that would be a good fit for a 178/3.25 AA male

Thanks,

DieAntwoord


Is it unrealistic to think I should have heard back from at least one of these schools, if I had everything in on the 1st of December.

User avatar
DieAntwoord
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby DieAntwoord » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:57 am

bump :oops:

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby Kabuo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:15 am

Bit unrealistic, yes. Unless you mean regarding receiving your application or going complete or something. They should have told you about that at least. WUSTL was my fastest turnaround, and they took almost a month on the dot to accept me.

User avatar
glewz
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby glewz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:19 am

DieAntwoord wrote:
DieAntwoord wrote:So, I sent the following out already:

Minnesota
SMU
Alabama
Washington and Lee University
Georgetown University
Columbia
Washington University in St Louis
Virginia
Chicago
Michigan
Texas
Stanford
NYU
Harvard
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

It seems like a good list to me....

But tell me if i'm missing a school that would be a good fit for a 178/3.25 AA male

Thanks,

DieAntwoord


Is it unrealistic to think I should have heard back from at least one of these schools, if I had everything in on the 1st of December.



If you mean accept/reject/WL, then yeah - it'll probably take till Jan to hear back. No worries, you're in a good position. Cruise for the rest of the holidays

User avatar
DieAntwoord
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby DieAntwoord » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:24 am

glewz wrote:
DieAntwoord wrote:
DieAntwoord wrote:So, I sent the following out already:

Minnesota
SMU
Alabama
Washington and Lee University
Georgetown University
Columbia
Washington University in St Louis
Virginia
Chicago
Michigan
Texas
Stanford
NYU
Harvard
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

It seems like a good list to me....

But tell me if i'm missing a school that would be a good fit for a 178/3.25 AA male

Thanks,

DieAntwoord


Is it unrealistic to think I should have heard back from at least one of these schools, if I had everything in on the 1st of December.



If you mean accept/reject/WL, then yeah - it'll probably take till Jan to hear back. No worries, you're in a good position. Cruise for the rest of the holidays


Yeah accept/reject/wl, and thanks I needed that. Im a little on edge with no LSAT to study for and free reign to check my email at work.

User avatar
jackattack17
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby jackattack17 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:31 am

apply to t14, you should get money at a lot of places, though with your urm/splitter status it's tough to tell

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Should I add more schools?

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:56 am

Not without good reason. You are likely to be accepted to most of the Top 14, but why apply if you have no real interest in attending since your current list should result in multiple offers of admission with substantial merit money.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BruiseWillis, patrickkpaul and 4 guests