Worth an app or not? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
woodson21

New

Worth an app or not?

Post by woodson21 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:37 am

167/ 3.96. I am just finishing most of my applications and I'm not sure if I should apply to any other higher ranked schools or some more safeties as well. My current list includes michigan, cornell, vandy, washu, ND, all other big ten schools besides Northwestern, also wayne state and michigan state as safeties. is it worth the app fee for Upenn, berkeley, duke, others? I'm expecting to probably be shut out of T14 but I have to try for at least a few especially michigan.

canes

Bronze

Re: Worth an app or not?

Post by canes » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:19 am

You should really have more confidence in your chances. I'd say you have a good chance at Duke (which you can still ED to) and UVA (same).

fortressfive

New

Post by fortressfive » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:21 am

prob not worth an app fee to those schools this late in the game. you might get into cornell, that is about it for the T14 RD though. you should really be targeting vandy, texas, ucla, usc, etc. those are your best shots with some $

canes

Bronze

Post by canes » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Law school predictor has you at "Admit" at Cornell... 88% of the time, that's right.

You're at least a "consider" at most of the rest of the top 14 ( Strong consider at Duke ED); I'd give it a shot. Admission to a top law school is worth 75 dollars

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”