WHEN WILL THEY BREAK THE SILENCE?!?!?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
willyj

WHEN WILL THEY BREAK THE SILENCE?!?!?

Postby willyj » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm a fairly competitive applicant (3.90/167), and I've had all my apps in since early October, but I've yet to hear anything other than "application complete" notices from all of the top tier schools (Michigan, UVA, Duke, Penn, and Northwestern) to which I applied. Even some of the lesser ranked schools (SouthernCal, Notre Dame, WashU) are quiet as clams. At this point, since the fall semester is virtually over, is it that they're waiting to see my fall grades before they do anything? Should I expect the silence to continue over my winter break?

gbpackerbacker

Re: WHEN WILL THEY BREAK THE SILENCE?!?!?

Postby gbpackerbacker » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:35 pm

I have applied to all those schools, save Notre Dame, and I have only heard back from Duke (PT). It is still early for decision. Hold your horses...

willyj

Postby willyj » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:55 pm

of course, I don't expect a decision tomorrow; I'm more interested to know whether I should be expectant over the break or if I ought to be forgetting about it until mid-January

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:56 pm

willyj wrote:of course, I don't expect a decision tomorrow; I'm more interested to know whether I should be expectant over the break or if I ought to be forgetting about it until mid-January

forget till mid january. that way, either you'll be pleasantly surprised over break or you at least won't have ruined break waiting for a call/ email/ letter that never came

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:01 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:I have applied to all those schools, save Notre Dame, and I have only heard back from Duke (PT). It is still early for decision. Hold your horses...

Notre Dame ED applicants have only just started receiving decisions (snail mail). I only know of one RD applicant who was waitlisted, but no other movement.

OP, I think you just applied to the slower schools. ;)

ArghItsBlarg

Postby ArghItsBlarg » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Northwestern states that they don't even begin reviewing until December 1, and you should then hear back within 8 weeks.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:53 pm

willyj wrote:I'm a fairly competitive applicant (3.90/167), and I've had all my apps in since early October, but I've yet to hear anything other than "application complete" notices from all of the top tier schools (Michigan, UVA, Duke, Penn, and Northwestern) to which I applied. Even some of the lesser ranked schools (SouthernCal, Notre Dame, WashU) are quiet as clams. At this point, since the fall semester is virtually over, is it that they're waiting to see my fall grades before they do anything? Should I expect the silence to continue over my winter break?

I submitted in Early October last year and it took me until mid January through mid February for a lot of the decisions to start coming in. It sucks, but be patient.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”