When to submit app Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jetsfan

New

When to submit app

Post by jetsfan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:49 pm

So I'm almost done with my personal statement. One LOR has been processed by LSAC. Other recommender hasn't sent in the letter yet (but I've attached both letters to each of the applications). My main undergrad university's transcript has already been processed, and the one from the school where I took 1 summer class hasn't been sent yet (I have to do it in person on Thursday).

After my personal statement is done, should I submit the apps? Do I have to do anything after that (like re-attach the letter to the app when it arrives, or resubmit the application)? Or should i just wait?

gdane

Diamond

Re: When to submit app

Post by gdane » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:59 pm

All transcripts have to be sent into LSAC. They calculate your GPA with those transcripts. You cant send in any appliacations until this is done. So, send in the transcript that corresponds to the 1 summer class you took, wait for it to be processed and then youre good to go.

Im not sure if LOR are required for the schools youre applying to, but if they are you have to wait for the second letter to be processed.

In short: No you cannot send in your apps after you finish your PS. Your transcripts and LOR have to be processed.

Good luck!

Edit: You can submit your apps without all the stuff, but you would be incomplete. Schools wouldnt review your application until you get all your stuff in. Its kinda pointless to submit a half complete app.
Last edited by gdane on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Diamond

Re: When to submit app

Post by r6_philly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:57 pm

You can send an app without a reportable LSAT and/or a LOR, I can't see why you can't send one without transcripts being complete. Your report just won't be generated but your app can be transmitted. Schools will request a report and will not receive one until the transcripts are processed, but I am pretty sure you can submit/send the app. The only things required to submit an app is the application form, PS and resume/addenda.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”